cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between CMOD & SMOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between CMOD & SMOD.

Regards

Karthik.R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CMOD is the Project Management of SAP Enhancements (i.e., SMOD Enhancements). SMOD contains the actual enhancements and CMOD is the grouping of those SMOD enhancements.

SMOD-SAP Enhancement Management

CMOD-Enhancements

SMOD is just to see all the enhancements in the sap system.

CMOD is the customer projects where enhancements are implemented. If you want to implement any enhancements then you will create a project and assign the enhancement and do the coding in exits.

To customize an existing SAP application we have been provided the user exits by SAP. These exits are packaged under enhancements. You choose an enhancement according to your requirements e.g. enhancement MM06E005 is used for adding custom field in me21/me21n. SAP has limited no of enhancements for any transactions, you have to choose only from them to cater your requiement you cant create them.

After selecting your enhancements you have to inherit them in your project in CMOD. Thereafter you do coding and other things like making your subscreens or adding fields to standard tables in respective exits.

To see the effect of your whole project you must activate each componnents of your enhancements

Look at the below link, you will get the answer

<Link removed by moderator as not relevant.>

pl reward if helpful.

Sadhu Kishore