cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to call RFC ( LOG table ) if JDBC Sender connection Lost ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

I have posted many thread regarding this . But there should be some way to handle this situation . Thanks for many replies form guys like bhavesh , UDo, Raj , Shabrish and all .. But i need to solve this .

Scenario is JDBC <---> RFC . I am reading the using JDBC Sender adapter and passing to RFC and gives back response as JDBC Receiver ( update ) .

Once in a hour ( Poll intervals ) I will call the JDBC Sender . If connection Lost in JDBC Sender I have to call an another RFC and insert the values as 0 records received and 0 records inserted remarks as Connection Lost .

How to handle this .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

The answer would be the same from everyone.Asn in whatever everyone suggested earlier..Would be great if you can say why you cant proceed with the earlier approach suggested by us?

You can try another option...

Write a trigger in the table ..the trigger should get exectued whenever a SELECT query is fired. Once the select query is fired by JDBC sender adapter .. you can insert a entry in some other table. Create another JDBC sender adapter which reads the second table.

Regards,

Sumit

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sumit ,

Thanks for your reply . I will try that option .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I didnt read your question properly..As per your earlier post your query was different..

<i>If connection Lost in JDBC Sender I have to call an another RFC and insert the values as 0 records received and 0 records inserted remarks as Connection Lost</i> .

If this is what you want then my suggestion wont work. If connection is lost then theres no way your trigger will work. In this case i dont think theres a standard functionality you can use.

What you can do is if connection is lost then you can raise an alert. I think there are BADIs available for alert . try to use one of them and then call RFC in the receiver system from XI.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (0)