cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java coding for LOOK UPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have written a Java coding , and fuction module , i need to check that before implementing it , is there amything in SAP XI to test all this , please help me out .

thanking you

sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar... Now that you have cmpleted your Java coding you can test it using the TEST OPTION in graphical mapping.. the test tool will call lookup function...

I pressume you areusing a JCo lookup in a graphical mappping...

If you are directly trying to test a JAVA mapping then try the test tab in the iterface mapping section... This test option executes any mapping (Java ,graphical, XSLT and ABAp) you have specified and gives you the result..

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes thanks , i thought that there is some speical option for testing the java coding alone, sorry moreover i am using graphical mapping , in that i am using look ups ,

and should i write or indicate in mapping that i have used look up as already i was indicated there API which take care of it

thanking you

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sridhar,

u dnt need to indicate anywhere. complete ur graphical mapping and go to the test tab and test it. the mapping program, when it executes, will look up the database.

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want just check if your Java function compiles uses the Check syntax option in the mapping - F7 key...it is just a sanity check...it does not confirm the lookup is working...the only way to do that is message/interface mapping test...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirdhar,

What exactly do you need to check? the java code?

The Java Code will be executed when you test your mapping.

You can check the FM in SE37 pass the relevant input parameters and see if the output you are getting is proper.

Lastly run the whole scenario in your development system.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

you check ur java code in the any java editor and compile for errors.you need to use mapping test tool to test in XI whether it works in XI or not.

Regards

Sreeram.G.Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry , i almost got you , i have imported the zip file in to import arcive , will you please take pain to tell steps that i must follow this process , sorry it very basic , but please help me out in this i am really in need of this thanking you

sridhar