cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of ESS/MSS in Portal 7 and ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Could someone tell me where to find the documentation on how to configure ESS in portal 7?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You can have a look at

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b22...

The above doc is for ECC5 and EP7. I don think there is much difference in configuration of ECC6 from ECC5.If you need for ECC6, please search for the document in service market place.

regards,

Sharadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

On help.sap.com I found this info how to setup System Landscape for ESS :

Create entries for the software components listed below in the Systems folder. Set up the following systems for the Package for Employee Self-Service and maintain their WAS properties.

a. Set up a system on the Portal J2EE server on which the business package is installed. Assign the alias SAP_WebDynpro_XSS to this system.

b. Set up a system for the SAP ECC system in which you run Human Resources. Asign the following aliases to this system:

■ SAP_ECC_HumanResources

■ SAP_ECC_Travel

c. Set up a system for an Internet Transaction Server (ITS) for applications in the Purchasing area and assign the alias SAP_ITS_XSS to this system.

d. Set up a system for BSP applications in the Career and Job (E-Recruiting) area and assign the alias SAP_BSP_EREC to this system.

a.b.

I have to set only WAS? What I have to set to field Path Web AS?

c.

What I have to set to field Path ITS?

d.

For which system and where I have to set BSP apps?

Thanks.