cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am seeking a solution to a problem regarding Transportation planning and shipment cost calculation.

I need to give a demo on this business process and I'm finding it hard to replicate the following process in the demo.

<b>My requirement.</b>

I have a delivery which needs to be shipped from California to Honolulu, Hawai. In the route definition, what should I maintain in the stages of the route? Should I create different transportation connection points (load transfer point, border crossing point, sea harbor)?

After the delivery is created and the route is determined, in order to create a transportation chain(first of all, should I create a transportation chain) should I create 3 shipments (main leg, prelim leg and subseq leg)?

Regarding shipment cost calculation, I'm clue less on which shipment cost document should I use for transportation chain. Do I need to create 3 different shipment cost documents for each shipment document (assuming that I create 3 shipments, main leg, prelim leg and subseq leg)?

What are the different condition types that I need to maintain? I can only think of FB00 for maintaining the freight for the truck.

Any help in guiding me through a solution would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/LETRA/SDTRA.pdf

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward suitable points.

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Transportation Chains are ideally used only in cases where there are

1. Multiple deliveries

2. Multiple Departure/Destination points

3. Multiple modes of transport (MOT)

In your case, since you have only one delivery, its enough if you create an Individual shipment. During the shipment creation process, assign the delivery and set the planning status. This will take care of automatic leg determination which is necessary to post Shipment cost document.

Additionally, "Service agent" is mandatory for posting the cost document for shipment.

To carry out shipment costing for a shipment document, the following requirements must be met:

The shipment must be marked as relevant for shipment costing.

The shipment must have the required total status as set in the definition of the shipment cost type.

The shipment must have a transportation status of at least planned.

The shipment must have a service agent.

Customizing for shipment cost pricing must be set.

To make this setting, go to the IMG and select Logistics Execution -> Transportation -> Shipment costs -> Pricing -> Pricing Control.

Condition records must be maintained.

Hope this info is helpful.

Rgds,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos