cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fundamental questions on transporting XI objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some beginner questions on transporting XI objects from XI test system to productive system:

Let's assume I have created some scenarios where messages are received from an external party and sent to a test R/3 system called T01. Now I would like to transfer the objects in the Integration Directory from test to PROD XI system. Is it possible to configure the CMS so that the T01 in all routing objects is replaced by the name of the productive R/3 system?

If yes: What do I have to consider while developing on test XI system? E.g. the receiver communication channels for the r/3 business systems must all have the same name?

Thanx a lot.

CHRIS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

For transporting objects either in IR / ID prerequisite is that you must have already configured your XI Track properly using landscape configurator as it defines the transport route for the corresponding XI objects based on the <b>s/w component version</b>.

As for ID doesn't have any s/w component version we define <b>SAPINTDIR 3.0</b> as s/w comp. It refers to all the objects in the ID.

<b>

FOR Integration Directory transport Test(Consolidation)->Prod:</b>

When the objects are transported from test to productive landsape unless any changes have been made to the objects in the test landscape all the objects can be transported to the id with out any complexity. CMS takes cares of conversion of the business system to that of prod if required. Usual convention that is followed is to maintain same naming schema for the objects.

cheers.

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the helpful answers!

One last question: This "mapping" of businesss system when transporting objects is independent of the SLD strategy? It is no difference, whether I have one SLD at all or a SLD for each XI system?

CHRIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

have a look at the following to under the whole transportaion steps for central as well as de-centralized SLD

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f7...

thanx

ahmad

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> One last question: This "mapping" of businesss system

> when transporting objects is independent of the SLD

> strategy? It is no difference, whether I have one SLD

> at all or a SLD for each XI system?

Hmmm.. In case of a single SLD this is no issue, you just create the tarnsport targets in the SLD as the SLD will contain all the Tranport Business Systems at one place.

In case of multiple SLD, example Dev , QA and Prod using Separate SLD's.

1. Business Systems from Dev should be tranported and imported into the QA SLD. Register the Business Systems of QA on the QA SLD and then do the transport tagets.

2. Likewise, when moving from Quality to Production, business systems of Quality should be transported from Quality SLD to Prod SLD and then the transport targets perfromned on prod SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

to get this realized you do not need to configure CMS, this is a feature of the SLD.

In your SLD each business system is assigned to a different group (dev, qas, prd)

for every system in a group you can define a transport target <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Configuring Groups and Transport Targets</a> that is the corresponding business system in a different group.

Then when you transport from QAS to PRD in the configuration scenario the corresponding business system of QAS is replaced in PRD with the business system defined in the transport target of that system.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergio, that was a very useful information for me too.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

thanks a lot for this information.

Just to be sure:

- The Business System is also replaced in all logical routing objects, e.g. interface determinations?

- Is the Business System just replaced when exporting complete configuration scenarios or is it also replaced when exporting single objects, e.g. interface determinations?

Thanks,

CHRIS

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>- The Business System is also replaced in all logical routing objects, e.g. interface determinations?</i>

<b>Yes.</b>

<i>- Is the Business System just replaced when exporting complete configuration scenarios or is it also replaced when exporting single objects, e.g. interface determinations?</i>

<b>Single object, entire scenario, works with either.</b>

There are a few fields which do not get imported on your communication channel and must be populated manually before activating the change list in your target system. This is to protect you from writing to test in a production environment.