cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Base Connection Error with Jdbc Sender Adapter.

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am getting the following exception with my JDBC Receiver Adapter. The adapter is trying to connect to MS SQL Server, and is trying to call a Stored Procedure. I can see this message in the Audit log of the message display tool.

Attempt to establish database connection failed with SQL error com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.sql.DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://XXXXXXXXXX..XXX;SelectMethod=cursor': SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Database connection could not be established

where XXXXXXXXXX..XXX is some database server name and database name.

The strange thing is this had been working properly until 4 days back and then suddenly this error started appearing.

I am able to connect to the Data base server and the data base from my Enterprise Manager. ie the database is up and running.

Please suggest.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make some dummy changes and reactivate the JDBC adaptre and try checking if things work fine .

Like pointed by others this seems to be a Network Issue and so to reconnect you would need to manually activatre the adapter or,

Select option --> Disconnected from DB after each message processing in the JDBC adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nilesh

This error comes when Xi server is unable to access the Data base server .Please check if port 1433 is open from your Xi server .

Format for Connection string

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver:,<database path>:1433;DatabaseName=,<dbname>;AuthenticationMethod=type2

Similar problem with solution

Cheers..

Vasu

<u>** Reward Points if found useful **</u>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313178

maybe someone closed a port on firewall from XI machine to sql server?

can you try pinging sql server from XI server (not from your computer)

Regards,

michal