cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB on Mac OS X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know, if it's possible to run MaxDB on Mac OS X and if MySql aims to support OS X in next future?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Igor,

first of all: it's not a question at all if mySQL aims to support MaxDB on OS X.

They don't develop it, they don't maintain it, they don't own it!

SAP does. Exclusively. Period!

mySQL is a distribution partner. That's it. Not more, not less.

Anyhow: currently there are no working versions of MaxDB on OS X.

I tried to compile the make-tools once (this is the first step when you want to port the MaxDB) but as this failed even after several changes in the compiler setup I gave up.

It's just no task that can be done "on one afternoon".

And as there is right now no business after having a port on OS X I don't think the collegues in Berlin spent their time on such fancy stuff.

I do use MaxDB on OS X via Parallels runnig a Windows XP. It works for me - depending on what you plan to do it might as well work for you.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lars,

sorry, that i mentioned MySQL as a developer/owner of MaxDB, if it's matter.

I knew, that it's no official verison of MaxDB on OS X but i hoped that someone has sucessfully ported MaxDB on OS X. However, the solution with Parallels won't work for me, cause i have a G4, and i don't think MaxDB can run smoothly under virtualized Windows.

thnx again

Igor

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I knew, that it's no official verison of MaxDB on OS

> X but i hoped that someone has sucessfully ported

> MaxDB on OS X. However, the solution with Parallels

> won't work for me, cause i have a G4, and i don't

> think MaxDB can run smoothly under virtualized

> Windows.

Hmm... I don't think that there would be much problems because of the virtualization - it's only that I don't know any virtual machine for G4 Mac OS X that would enable you to run Windows XP.

When the virtualization allows you to run Windows you can be pretty sure that it will let run MaxDB - we're not so performance hungry than other DBMSes

KR Lars