Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I wud like to know

1. What is a notification?what is the purpose of it ? Who sends the notification to whom ?

2.In notification what is a task and worklist in sap easy access ? Is task a ticket which is given to a sipport consultant?

3.What is the use of T code UPSC02?

regards

puja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Puja,

Notification:

Notification as the name suggests is nothing but notifying your trade partner that you had sent something or received something. (It could be goods, workflow, or a message)

Example:

Advanced Shipment Nofication: You would send the notification to your customer.

or

Workflow notification: You would send notification to different users notifying the status of the workflow object.

You receive a notification if you or another user subscribes you to an object.

You receive a notification if an object to which you are subscribed is created, changed, or deleted.

You receive a notification when the last approval step is approved for a document that you submitted for approval.

You receive a notification when a document that you submitted for approval is rejected.

You receive a notification if a user has created feedback for an object that you created or last changed. etc.

or

Message Notification: You would send a notification/acknowledgement message that you had received the message from your partner. When you send a purchase order message to your partner using integration technologies you would have options of receiving notification messages from your partner.

Nofication and worklist:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/48/ad743c74fa6449e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">Notification and Worklist</a>

UPSC02:

This transaction is for ALE Distribution Unit: Package Types ALE Distribution Unit: Package Types. You would specify the package types in distribution scenarios.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I'm trying to set up notification of successful postings of inbound ORDERS IDocs. Is there an SAP standard task that I can use that must be started based on the occurrence of the SalesOrder.CREATED event?

Regards,

Francis