cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material not defined for a sales area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i use an existing material to create a sales order, it says "Material not defined for a given sales area"

When i go to MMO1 and type in copy from, i just get to copy the existing plant, but not the sales org, dist chnl or div.

Could someone tell me how do i define my material for a given sales area?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi go to transaction code MM01 and give your material number and select the views of sales area data 1, sales area data 2 , sales and at the bottom you can find organisation levels/elements click on it and enter the sales org, distribution channel and division. and save it. the material will be automatically extended for this sales area.

Pls reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....your answer was helpful...but for my material type, i cannot see those sales area data 1 and sales area data 2 views. In that case.....how do i extend my material to a given sales area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when you are entering your material number you will have a n option called select views there you have find the followings views such as

basic data 1, basic data 2 , classification,sales org data 1,sales org data 2,sales; general data etc

if you select these views you can enter your division as you are going to enter the sales organisation, distribution channel in the begining by checking organizational elements.

Please reward the points if the answer is helpful

REgards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to transaction code MM02 and enter the material number and select the views and at the bottom you can find organisational levels click on it and enter the new sales organisation and distribution channel it will take you in to the selected view then save it . it will be give a prompt saying that material is extended

then go to va01 and raise the sales order . hope this will slove your problem

reward points if the answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of creating material u specified plant,sto location ,sales organisation,distribution channel then after selecting the view u r specifying division so at the time of creating sales order u have to specify sales doc type ,sales org,dist channel,division .the sales area u taken at the time of creation of material and the sales area u specified during creating sales order has to be the same if not system shows that error.

Regards

Karthikan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

check for the sales area for which that plant has been created, u are trying to type a wrong sales area for the given material.

regards

sriram.