cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Is it possible to add menus or buttons on the horizontal area (where the logoff, welcome links exist) instead of the regular navigation area that exists on the left side? Any ideas? Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jeremy.

Would it be possible to do this (adding hierarchy to the links in the Content display) by some customisation? Appreciate any ideas...

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivasan,

Not without major customization and it really wouldn't be worth it. Even if you created some sort of html divs that 'dropped down' with the child object links (basically using the navigation tree content but putting it into the Content Tabs area of the home page) they would disappear behind any java applets on the page. Trust me - people have tried to do this before and like I said, it's not worth the effort.

Have you considered creating web based iViews and linking the xMII pages into Enterprise Portal? Then you can leverage the multi-level hierarchy of the 'tabs' in EP, as well as the left-hand navigational tree.

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard way to do this is to add Tabs to the navigation area using the Navigation Editor. This would be the editor's middle column of links.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy for the reply. I assume you are referring to adding the item in the Content tab in order to display this in the horizontal area.

One more question-

If I add an item(parent) to the content display tab, can I add a node(child) to the root?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - the Content tabs are what I meant. There is no hierarchy for these items, so it will be a single link with no children - this can only be done with the navigation tree on the left hand side.

Regards,

Jeremy