cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of productive dialog instence on different server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expert i have to install a dialog instence on different machine.

what's the setp i am following is it correct. please help me

we are using ECC 6.0 on windows 2003 64bit and sql 2005 same 64 bit.

first :

please chkk the step

1.J2sdk1.4.2_05

2.SQL Native Client with SP1

3.Dialog Instence

4. Central instence (if i install CI what i have to give the name of CI)

please help me it's very urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

J2SDK is needed for SAPInst to run so its always recommended to install that first then SQL Server.

Then use SAPInst.exe to start the installation of SAP.

Select ABAP instance installation under ERP 2004S Select MS SQL server then select whether its Unicode or Non unicode kernel.

Then Under that you can find the list first it is Central Instance, Database Instance and then Dialog Instance.

Always you need to install CI first then database instance.

Then Dialog instance which you can install it on any host.

Ofcourse you need to take care of Instance numbers if your CI instance number is 00 then Dialog should be of different instance number ranging from 01-99.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou very much Mr. Vivdkanda Wali

now i got the point so i can install Dialog instence.

first i already installed j2sdk and sql client when i am going to start the sapinst.exe

from there i select ERP and then Application server then sql under sql i select Dialog instence when i select Dialog instence it gives the message like that

Profile parameter rdisp/msserv_internal is not set for instance DVEBMGS00/NPD on host sap1.

You have to set the parameter in the default profile and restart the instance.

For further information refer to SAP Note 821875. please kindly give me the solution thankx very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mr. Vivdkanda

i install the dialog instance sucessfully . and i install SAP GUI on that machine from that only i can log on to the dialog instance (on different host) only

but not from anywhere else. It must be something to do with network permissions that do not allow the SAP gateway on sap1 to connect to the SAP gateway

(where sap1 is my production server.)

when i am going to connect remotly it giving error like sapdp00 time out

Can u please give me the solution . thanks very much please i am waiting for ur replay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

We have the same problem here in Brazil. How did you resolve this?

Thank you very much.

Claudio

<i>Profile parameter rdisp/msserv_internal is not set for instance DVEBMGS00/NPD on host sap1.

You have to set the parameter in the default profile and restart the instance.

For further information refer to SAP Note 821875.</i>

Message was edited by:

Douglas Brisola Mendonca

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the responses you received did not sound correct to me.

When installing a Dialog instance on a host which is different than the central instance host, then the instance number can be whatever you want it to be, except when SAP says not to use a specific number (see installation guide).

In the case where you are installing multiple instances on a single host, then you must be careful that each instance has a unique instance number.

So, in the scenario where your dialog instance is installed on hostA and your central instance is installed on hostB, both instances can have the following attributes:

SID Instance number

PRD 00

On a host where multiple instance are installed, for instance, the central instance and two dialog instances (for the same SID):

SID Instance number

PRD 00

PRD 01

PRD 02

In your case, it sounds like the services files need to be updated on both hosts. That is why you are seeing a communication failure. So, on the dialog instance, make certain that the services files contains the follwoig entries:

sapms<SID> 3600/tcp

sapdp00 3200/tcp

sapgw00 3300/tcp

On the central instance, make certain that your services file contains the following (assuming you installed the dialog instance as instance number 01):

sapdp01 3201/tcp

sapgw01 3301/tcp

Hope this helps. Points are also appreciated.

Best Regards,

Warren Chirhart

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have already installed the CI so why would you need to install it again else you must install the CI first before the dialog instance.