cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Comments to Individual Data Points in SPC Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created an XBar chart in xMII 11.5 SP3 and want to assign comments to individual data points. I selected a point, right-clicked and selected 'Upper Chart' 'Comments', then added a comment. It looks like the comment was assigned to every data point in the chart (the 'ElementKey' field in the Comments table in the QualityPortal database is blank)

In the 'iSPCChart Reference' help screen, it says, 'In the SPC chart template, the criteria for uniquely identifying a data point must be provided in order to store comments.' Where in the template do I uniquely identify data points?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

To assign comments (and use other features of Quality Portal), you must make sure the SPCChart template has Chart Name. You can do this on the General tab of the Display template editor or via an applet param (<param name="ChartName" value="myChart">).

You also need to map in a data column from the query into the "ID Column" field on the "Data Mapping" tab of the SPCChart template. This should be a unique column, or you might find multiple data points on the chart being updated with the same comment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ryan - that did it.

Answers (0)