cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow user to move popup dialog box/window

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a IWDWindow instance that opens when a user selects a particular menu action item. I understand how to position the window when it appears, but how do you allow the user to be able to move the window around by dragging it with the mouse? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dora,

There is no way to move pop-over window via mouse dragging. As a workaround you may save a reference to window in component controller, provide window's view with 4 buttons (up/bottom/left/right) and change window coordinates via buttons action.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I create a different kind of window so that it can be moved around? Like something similar to an External Window (but not one since this isn't going to a URL).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will not be able to create a external window with out passing url.

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right, I'm asking is there something similar, since I need something like the External Window (that you can move around), but it won't be an External Window since I am not going to a URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a method of WindowManager called createExternalWindow which requires you to pass a string and that should be a URL.

Something like

wdComponentAPI.getComponent().getWindowManager().createExternalWindow(String 1,String 2,true);

This will open in a new browser and you can move the window. But without passing the URL it is not possible in the above case.

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I confused people when I gave the External Window example. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to move around an INTERNAL window after it is displayed (it will NOT be an external window but I want to know if it is possible to have a window that will behave similarly in that it will be able to be moved out of the way of the main window). Or is there a type of window "similar to" an External Window (since this type is able to be moved around), but that doesn't point to a URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dora,

You can have two types of windows :-

1) External Window(through URL)

2) Child Window(Pop up)

Through external window you cannot pass values whereas you can pass and retrieve values using the Child Window.

This is how you create a child window.

Create a view and embed it in a window say AddressbookWindow.

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo)wdComponentAPI

.getComponentInfo()

.findInWindows("AddressbookWindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager()

.createWindow( windowInfo,

window.setWindowPosition(300, 150);

window.open();

wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);

However the modal window is not supported till now in WebDynpro.

For further information you can refer the article "Dialog boxes in WebDynpro apllication"

Regards

Noufal

Message was edited by: Noufal Kareem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly, the answer is "no"

In WD you may only either use inrenal windows (wihout minimize/expand/move behavior) or external browser windows.

VS

Answers (0)