cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE and IE /Que

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we create the Inbound(Into XI) Que Priorities using the SXMB_ADM, whether this applies to the AE (Inbound into XI), same way when we create the Outbound (getting out of XI) Que Priorities that applies to the AE?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By following this guide, you can set up both inbound and oubound queue priorities.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry.

That guide talks about Prioritizing the ques only at the Integration Engine Level and NOT at the Adapter engine level.

So What I am trying to understand here is, if we configure the Que's at the IE level whether that will be carried out at the Adapter Engine level too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Pete. The way you get the messages into Integration engine will be the same on the adapter engine too.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You.

Let us Say I have two ques with Priority High and Medium.( XI Outbound Que, i.e the messages are Processed and about to send to the Receivers)

In the High Priority Que at this juncture if I have 3 messages

Message 1 (Going to Use RFC Adapter)

Message 2( Going to use File Adapter)

Message 3( Going to Use IDOC Adapter)

Now my first message "message 1" is Stuck, because my RFC Adapter is down, now what will happen to the following messages that are just behind the deseased messages?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

Since the other two messages are for File and IDoc they will process further. Also IDoc will not be processed on Adatper engine. So dont need to worry about this because it is processed on the integration engine.

--Satish

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand your original question, the answer is NO. Queue prioritization as defined for IE will not carry over to AE queues.

With XI3.0 SP19+, you get a few more types of AE queues and you can control how many concurrent messages by the type of AE queue, but it still doesn't carry through the priority concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

I think we are going wrong. As Tim also mentioned we will do prioritization in Integration server but not on AE. But the way the messages comes into XI on the integration server will proceed to the adapter and process further. Since already you have done prioritization in IE then you dont need to do once again in AE.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, theortically I understand that the Prioritization is done for at the Integration Engine level (Please note Integration Server has Integration Engine, Adapter Engine, and BPE Engine, so we have to be very careful on naming )and not at the Adapter Engine level.

If some one say that the Prioritization that we do at the Integration Engine will be carried to the Adapter Engine, here is the question on that basis.

Let us assume that I maintain two ques 1) High Priority and 2) Low Priority at the Integration Engine level and if you say it will be carried to the adapter engine level

so do you want to say for Each ADAPTER there will be two queues one with High Priority and other with Low Priority?

Any supporting document to validate the above point, really so confusing. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

-- Pete

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely does not work the way you just described. SAP needs to give us more control over AE queues than we currently have.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As explained above .. IE queue will not continue to AE ..priorities

See below links..

Eo/EOIO?BE - Queue - ? - /people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

Please go through these links

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

For queues in message mapping

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/09/introduction-to-queues-in-message-mapping

Here are the Queues for Asynchronous Message Processing

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/7b/94553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f078394a-4469-2910-c4bf-853c7567...

How to prioritize messages in XI - /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/12/how-to-prioritize-messages-in-xi

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete,

Yes we can do. Check the how to guide on queue prioritization given by Barry.

---Satish