Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version SP12

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SDN Community,

The new SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version SP12 is available for download at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/b2918eea-0601-0010-6284-e6cb7... [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

<a href="ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/abap/SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12.part2.rar">ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/abap/SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12.part2.rar</a>

The same procedure applies as in earlier versions, download both archives, place it into the same folder and <b>extract ...part1.rar only</b>.

Enjoy,

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a problem:

by starting the SAPGui 710 i get this error message:

"partner 'kevkev1:sapdp00' not reached WSAECONNREFUSED:Connection refused..."

I`ve made the following Input in New Entry:

Beschreibung: NSP localhost

Anwendungsserver: kevkev1 (I also tried "localhost" instead of "kevkev1, but it doesn`t work")

Systemnummer: 00

Systemid: NSP

My Hosts-Datei has the following Inputs:

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 kevkev1

My PCName(Computername) is kevkev1. I don`t have a Domain.

Can somebody help me please!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is that I started the installation, something went wrong (got an error message in the log, probably due to the fact that I had no MS Loop adapter installed yet...?) so I decided to delete the installed MaxDb (but not via Remove program). So I tried to re-install the whole thing, but I'm getting an error that reg keys are already used on my PC eventhough the application cannot be found. I ran the clean up application, but the error remains?

What can I do to initialize the reg key (that hasn't been used, since I couldn't completely install it)?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a lot of problem to turn on on Windows vista. It does not work.

May we wait a new version running on vista in a short time?

BR

Yann szwec

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yann Szwec,

I am using up to now Windows XP Home Edition. After some problems during installation I have read again the "recommendations" for using the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version SP12. Furthermore I searched here in SDN for solutions which might be available regarding the problem I have.

The important fact is that this software is released only for the following operating systems:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2) or Windows Server 2003.

(having a NTFS file structure etc.)

No other release is done (taking into account Windows Vista).

I have done an update to Microsoft Professional Edition but I have still some installation problems.

Please refer to:

or

Up to now I have no idea why after installation of Windows XP Professional I have still the same problem.

The problem is exactly what is described in

But I have the feeling that my Windows XP Professional Installation was not correct (because there are some other problems around too)

So my recommendation to the description for downloading would be to highlight more this important recommendation of use of the ABAP trial version

(refer to https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6).

For further versions which might be released in the future (hopefully) it would be nice if the support regarding Windows versions would be a little more broader (Windows XP Home etc.). But this is only a wish from my side.

With best regards

Christoph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus

I am still a novice in using the forum techniques. Therefore up to now I did not understand how to give the "points" even after reading the topic many times. So I do it written form. Sorry for that. I will try to improve my use of the Forum technique ASAP.

Therefore: as 10 means: problem solved (as described by myself) you get 10 points from my side (sorry for any inconvenience).

Christoph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Keller,

first: thanks for making available the SP12. Great work done! Therefore now the ABAP world out there can get an idea what to be expect using the real NetWeaver environment.

second: do you plan to release regularly SPs for the NetWeaver ABAP Trial version?

third: something did not work with the installation (means I have a problem). Maybe you have a tip/hint/advice?

The installer is started without any problem (I have removed before the former versions of the Trial Version and I believe I followed exactly your installation advices) and the Wizard is running through the process up to 100% but no database is generated (C:\NSP is missing and therefore there exists no database to log on). Is there any trick with which I can create the database manually?

Because there is some file existing called load_datasave.gz

Additionly I realized that there is a great difference between SP8/SP11 and SP12 version regarding file size.

SP8 rar File 1 does have 1.572.864.000

SP11 rar File 1 does have 1.572.864.000 Bytes

SP12 rar File 1 does have 1.363.148.800 Bytes (Exactly this number is mentioned in the download area)

Hopefully you have an idea to get rid of the problem.

Thanks in advance

Christoph

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem you described occurs, if the folder

C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldUniversalSAP

exists. This could happen to be from a previous installation. Remove the folder SAP completely and try to install it again.

Kind regards,

Klaus

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Klaus,

many thanks for your help. After removing the folder as described by you the MaxDB database is "in principle" generated. By whatever reason I have problems with the Rar File (there is a CRC error in the file load_datasave.gz) and therefore the database is not generated and the installation is aborted. As I have the former Trial version (SP8) on DVD I tried to use the file form the DVD but up to now it did not work.

The file length of the rar file is ok (as recommended in the download area). I will try to fix this.

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm unable to unzip ""I have problems with the Rar File (there is a CRC error in the file load_datasave.gz"", please help me fixing this problem. Thanks

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the file sizes of downloaded parts:

SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12.part1.rar 1.363.148.800 bytes

SAPNW7.0ABAPTrialSP12.part2.rar 1.363.148.800 bytes

If the file size is different, download the packages again. You could try it also via ftp:

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/abap

Regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, unzip worked well when I tried it via ftp download.

Do you have a step by step guide for installation

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is important information included in the download package as HTML files (<b>start.htm</b>) and a <a href="/people/manfred.lutz/blog/2007/03/16/new-blog-series-abap-trial-version-for-newbies series</a> covering different basic tasks, from installation to abap development. The system used in the blog is support package level 11, but many things should work the same way with the slightly newer SP12 version currently available for download.

Kind regards,

Klaus

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

thanks for the links. Could you please list out the new enhancements/features in SP12?