Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between pages

Gustavo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I know how to create two iViews that communicate each other on the same page, using Signal Out and Signal In. It works just fine.

I want to know how to create two iViews that communicate each other on DISTINCT page. Its possible in Visual Composer?

I need a global variable to use between pages.

Thanks all

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to share/pass the data to other iView through END connector. The other iView which wish to accept data should do it through START connector. Click on START , click configure then click "+" button on bottom left and add incoming variable.

e.g If you want to share the data from a FORM then drag the OUT port from FORM and drop it , then select END. (This will share the data with external iView)

Gustavo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Pasha,

Are you sure that it works?

I tried to use END connector from a form in iVew X and START connector to another form in iView Y, but not works!

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are integrating the screen through GP, check if the Add GP information is checked in VC Tools>Compiler . Then only you can see the exposed variables in GP design time, then you can map respective IN and OUT variables.

Gustavo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm not integrating the screen through GP.

I need store some data that can be used in all pages and iViews of my model. Something like a global variable stored in session perhaps.

I have a iView with a input field and a submit button, so I need store the value passed by user to a "global variable" to be used in another iView in another page.

Can I do this in Visual Composer?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you the iViews are in same model then its possible to share data using Signal In and Signal Out ports, if the iViews are in different models then you have to use a integration services like GP.

The End and Start point sharing is for GP integration.

I am afraid there is no concept of Global variable in VC, you have to bank of integration services like GP.

Gustavo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Pasha,

My iViews are in the same model, but in different pages. Using Signal In and Signal Out ports, it works only if the iViews are in the same page.

Mario,

Are you sure that is possible share data between pages with data store element? I know how to use data store element only in the same page. Can you explain how to do?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its not a problem try push and pull data through data services.

I remember passing data among iViews but i guess they are in same page.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the data store element, that's a container for global variables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

your answer seems theoritically correct,

but are you sure this is working between two SEPARATED models ?

The point here, is that we are not working within one single model, but trying to exchange information between two pages that are referring two different models.

(analogy in abap : export xxx to memory-id z ; import zzz from memory-id z)

Currently, the only option I found as a workaround is to use a bapi that will save the parameter of the 'signal out' into a table in the underlying system, and then the 'signal in' is reading the value temporarily stored.

Ch