cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In a couple of days I am going to attend Interview.

Could you pls transfer me some interview Q&A on XI

Please help me in this regard.

raju.sapxi@yahoo.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could you pls sned me some interview Q&A on XI.

My mail id is snehasap@yahoo.com

Regards

Sneha H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please send me the Sample questions on

piyush_k_srivastava@keane.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

No two interviews would be identical. The questions asked in one interview/company need not be repeated. Hence I suggest you to understand/revise the basic concepts of XI. You might refer to the following site for XI certification questions:

http://www.saptechnical.com/CertificationQ/XI/XI1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I just found your link to all of these XI certification questions. That's really great and very helpfull since I'll have the exam in about 2 weeks from now. Is there also a list of answers to all of the posted questions?

Could you please email them to me? scherer88@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance

Greets

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

What is the SLD used for?

• Repository used for storing landscape information. Its does not provide any landscape administration tools

• SLD manages software components and platform dependencies

• It acts as a central information provider for NetWeaver systems and other administration tools

• Facilitates Installations, upgrades and transports

What are the SAP Recommendations on the use of SLD?

• SAP recommends that you use a single System Landscape Directory (SLD). The cost of running the SLD infrastructure increases with the number of SLD instances. In particular, adding a second SLD involves additional costs for synchronizing data between these two instances. From a cost perspective, it is preferable to configure a single SLD.

• The following factors can make a multiple-SLD architecture necessary:

o Legal constraints

o Company Rules

o Network Constraints (e.g. firewalls, availability of resources)

What does SLD use to communicate with client applications?

• By using the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)

What are the 2 main areas of the SLD?

• The Software Catalog describes the installed products and their constituent components.

• The Systems Catalog describes the systems in the data center from two perspectives

The information from the software catalog is used by which component of the Integration Builder?

• Integration Repository to organize development efforts. All design work in the Integration Repository is organized by Software Component Version. This makes sense, as interfaces logically belong to a software component and to a particular version.

The information from the systems catalog is used which component of the Integration Builder?

• Integration Directory to drive the specific configuration of Integration scenarios. Routing Relations in the Integration Directory point to the Business Systems that are maintained in the System Catalog of the SLD, and through the appropriate association, to the technical systems.

What information is defined in the Software Catalog?

• Product: Represents a collection of all versions of a product. In an SAP environment, a product corresponds to an SAP technical component, e.g. 4.6c, 4.6d, 4.7

• Software Component: Represents a collection of all versions of a software component. Examples of Software Components are SAP_APPL, SAP_ABA, SAP_HR, etc.

What information is defined in the System Catalog?

• Technical System correlates the software to the physical host on which it is installed. Each technical System can have multiple business system associated with it.

• Business systems are Logical systems that function as senders and receivers in XI

How to Defining Business System?

For defining Business Systems, the four important pieces of data are:

1.Business System Name (must be unique in the landscape).

2.Associated Technical System, and if the Business System will be used with IDOC interfaces, a Logical System Name. Note that multiple Business Systems can be defined off of a single technical system (for instance, each numbered client of an SAP system is a unique Business System). The logical system name is mandatory in case the Business system will act as a sender or receiver of IDocs. In this case it should match exactly the logical system name as defined in the SAP client (if the Business system is of type WebAS-ABAP). The IDoc adapter will make use of this entry to resolve a Business system name into an ALE logical system name and vice-versa.

3.The Software Products (and associated SWCV's) that are used by the Business System. The products are brought through from the Technical System definition; but for a particular Technical System, not all products will necessarily be associated with a particular Business System. For instance, you may install mySAP SRM and mySAP CRM solutions as separate clients on a single (technical) system; but the Business System definition for each would only include the appropriate product (SAP SRM or SAP CRM).

The Related Integration Server. Application systems are associated with particular Integration Servers, which makes change management in the XI landscape easier.

4.All of these settings can be defined in the Business System wizard.

What is XI?

Exchange Infrastructure can be used as a Middle ware Engine to communicate in a distributed environment. The heart of XI is Integration Engine that is used for integrating different technologies using Standard Messaging techniques e.g XML. Different mapping tools are available for mapping the distributed system which can be mapped without having any expertise of Technical Details. As a real world example, XI can be helpful in integrating different banks with SAP R/3. XI Engine also support previous releases of SAP R/3 like 4.6C and have many more adapters to communicate with legacy systems.

SAP XI is an integration technology and platform for

1. SAP and Non-SAP systems,

2. A2A and B2B scenarios,

3. Synchronous and Asynchronous communication,

4. Cross component Business Process management and it include built-in engine for designing and executing integration process (Business process).

5. The goal of SAP XI is to provide single point of integration of all systems inside and outside the corporate boundary across technologies and organizational boundaries.

6. The important feature of XI is openness, flexible and transparency to the integration process. It is based on ESA and SOA.

7. The overall key concept of SAP XI is to drive integrated business process across heterogeneous and highly dynamic landscapes in a more manageable cost effective way.

8. The basic idea is to provide runtime infrastructure which allows heterogeneous systems to be tied together with fewer connections and at the same time, in order to connect those applications and let messages flow from one application to other, have a centralized storage of integration knowledge.

XI Advantages over other Middleware Tools

• Pre-Delivered integration content

(Def:-SAP solutions bring their integration Meta data like CRM, SRM,SCM, xRPM, etc.) As Delivered with the integration repository of XI

Benefit:-

A) Out-of-the-box of integration solution

B) Simplified upgrade of SAP solutions

C) Versioning and modification management of integration of Meta data.

• Openness and interoperability

(Def:-Connect to existing integration solutions) like

Through JMS messaging (e.g MQ series) and SOAP.

Use open, XML standards for integration

Incorporate existing functionality in to new process (Adapters (JCA), web services(WSDL)).

also check your mail

Regards

Srikanth

<u><i><b>Don't forget to award if helpful</b></i></u>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Please also send me Q&A.

Thanks,

Waqar

Former Member
0 Kudos