cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Receiver Mail adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

iam looking at one off the weblog whick Michal Krawczyk have created.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

in this weblog michal have told to download the XSD file from service market place and upload it in IR External definition it gives us target structure.What is the use off it, we can directly create the target structure.

And also one more dought what is the use off checking parameter in mail Attributes use mail package.I dont have much knowledge on mail adapter please help me in this issue.

i want to send parameters dynamically into receiver mail adapter in my project ie(TO,FROM,SUB and CONTENT) please send links and doc's on it.

Note: Helpfull answer will be rewarded.

Thanks & regards,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

-Ofcourse you can create , target struture on your own. The use of the pre-exisiting is you don't want to create Dat type, you can directly use the XSD as message type.

- The use of checking parameter "Mail Package" . See u can choose Mail package only when u choose the message protocol as XIPAYLOAD. If u uncheck the parameter "Mail Package" then u have to give sender , reciever and subject so it becomes static. Consider the you are getting some data from the source based on that you have to send mail dynamically to particular reciever at this point of time the Mail Package option helps a lot.

Hope it helps!!!

If you have any doubt reply back.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

thanks for ur usefull answer, I have one small dought, In my project i have to use XIALL and SMPT message protocol if i use this parameters can i send To.FROM and CONtent dinamically.

in my project my sender is a outbound proxy and based on error table i have to send that error details in receiver mail adapter,i have to use receiver parameters dynamically because i have to send mail to different mail ids and different content.

please give me answer breifly so that i can work on my project.

thanks and regards,

phani

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

If you choose XI ALL u can't see the option of Mail Package itself. So if you want to change the from, to addresses dynamically, then I suggest you to use Dynamic Configuration - doing in the mapping level. But I haven't done this for mail adapters,I'm sure its possible. If you choose instead of XIALL as XIPAYLOAD, the issue will be solved, isn't it? Is there any specific reasons that u want to chose XI ALL.?

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

Once again thanks for the reply,I will explain my object,its is any 2 senarios in one object.

1) file to proxy were i upload employee details in to infotype2010 after inserting what ever error records i will l store them in error table.

2)ater geting error records if i get more then 25 i have to send file path and error records to receiver side. or if i get all sucess also i have 2 send sucess flag into receiver side.

but i haveto pick data from different systems and i have to send the data into different mail ids i have to generate TO FROM CONTENT dynamically.

onsite have prepared TS(Tecnical specs) in that spec they gave XIALL and SMTP.

so my question is using this parameters can i post them dynamically or not.

if YES ? then how??

please help me in this issue.

if u still dont understand give me ur id i will send my TS.

Thanks and regards,

phani

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

As I said in my previousl reply its possible , using Adapter Specific Message Attributes(ASMA) of Mail adapter. Once u got the details into XI, I'm sure u will have some mapping in your program. In that mapping progam we can set the adapter specific properties. In receiver adapter u have option of adapter specific properties you have to check them. So we can do the rest in the coding part by setting the parameters dynamically based on the source payload. Let me give you the blog number by Michal, u have to do like the same. He did for File adapter , you have to do it for Mail adapter.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Kumar, send mail to sapient.xi@gmail.com

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Phani,

If you want to send the parameters dynamically then I would suggest to you the same package as michal mentioned (if feasible only). Else you create your own and pass them up.

Also see this weblog for some help on how to configure receiver mail adapter:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you dont necesarily need to download the mail package from marketplace,you can create your own data type in the same way as it exist in the package and use this.

for dynamic configuration,michals blog is self-explanatory.

let us know if u have any more questions

thanx

ahmad