cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine Message Stuck: Predecessor not in final state. How to find?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have got a bit of a problem with a message stuck in the adapter engine. The message display tool says that the message can't be stopped since its predecessor is not in final state. Is there an intelligent way to find the predecessor? We have gone back several weeks without success

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Heiko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you checked the queues? SMQ1 and SMQ2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barry,

there is no message stuck in the queues on display in SMQ1 and 2. The messages are stuck in the adapter engine and have already passed these queues I would suppose.

Cheers,

Heiko

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi heiko,

message waiting for it's Predecessor,this shouldn't occur for a long time.

just uncheck the box "MAINTAIN ORDER AT RUNTIME" in interface determination,if order is not important for you.

if you want the order and avoid holding then ensure the condition flag values for any two interfaces are not the same and if this doesnt work then ensure order from sender system i.e if batch reports are run then schedule them according to the order required.

request you to check condition flags at INTERFACE DETERMINATION, this should overcome your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi heiko,

change the order for receiver interfaces at INTERFACE DETERMINATION and chekc at RWB.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko,

did you try the hint of Stefan Grube?

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

If you are using an older SP version and the mentioned fields are not available on your RWB screen (like for me), than just go back in time and search for messages with status "Holding". Cancel the very first one, and you'll be able to cancel/resend the others as well.

It worked for me

Best regards,

Andras

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the adapter error your getting. what adapter it is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeram,

the refered adapter is the file adapter. I don't know which error I get since my problem is that I can't find the message which stops all other subsequent messages waiting in the adapter engine. QS is EOIO hence there are two inbound interfaces involved in the interface determination, being processed subsequently.

Cheers,

Heiko