cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 5.5:Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

with the MDM(E) 5.5 Syndicator I exported data with the matmas05 standard schema. For every data set an own file was created.

I couln't find docu about Syndication so I ask a simple question: where can I tell the MDME Syndicator to create only one file for the exported data?

Regards, Bernd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

To put all the record details in one file change the MAP PROPERTIES->XML FILE OUTPUT to "Single File (All Records)".

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Seema Rane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparetnly you're talking about XML format. Then let's say you have such a structure:

<Collection>

<BRAND>

<name>coca cola</name>

<code>10</code>

</BRAND>

<BRAND>

<name>pepsi cola</name>

<code>20</code>

</BRAND>

</Collection>

in such a case you have to map your table to the <Brand> element to get syndication results in one file or not to map to get for every brand its own output file.

In both cases I assume <name> and <code> elements are mapped.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot to mention that the way for sure to get output as you want is to use an XML schema that you have to add in advance in the Console->Admin->XML Schemas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the current map by mapping the root element, this will generate a single file with all objects inside. (e.g. for CREMAS04, map the Vendors object to E1LFA1M).

Be careful when playing with the map, changes are automatically saved - altering the original map. (better create a back up map and experiment there)