Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation Field Texts - Where are they defined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to identify where in SAP the authorisation field texts are stored so I can produce a more friendly reprot for a wider project community.

I have the object text but I cannot for the life of me located where ACTVT = Activity or WERKS = Plant.

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

edit: ignore the stuff below, it's not complete. I've used it to check stuff in the past but there are fields missing - sorry!

Hi Mark,

You can get this info from table DD04V

fields that you want are: "data element" (e.g. actvt) and the text is in "medium field label"

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

edit: ignore the stuff below, it's not complete. I've used it to check stuff in the past but there are fields missing - sorry!

Hi Mark,

You can get this info from table DD04V

fields that you want are: "data element" (e.g. actvt) and the text is in "medium field label"

Message was edited by:

Alex Ayers

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks I had tried that tbale before and got some of the fields, it just seems there is no major central table for them which seems really strange.

0 Kudos

It looks like the data is collated in a structure from a number of sources which is a pain.

An easy way to get them would be to create a role with auth template SAP_ALL

If you expand all and then System->list->save->local file

save to clipboard & paste it into excel & you can use text import wizard to just select the field and text columns.

A bit of deduping & getting rid of noise & you'll have a list of all field texts and their tech name.

0 Kudos

If I remember correctly I got excited about XU124 before realising it was a structure.

The SAP_ALL idea would catch most of them, what a hassle.

Thanks Alex I guess I have more Excel bashing to do yet.

Message was edited by: Mark Hutton

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find more details in the

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Soma,

Before posting here I had gone through all the tables listed in the link you supplied without any resolution to the original query.

In all the years of doing this I have never had to produce a comprehensive list of the authorisation field texts before.

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If you already have all the field_names (you wont get them all from SAP_ALL), then FM SAUT_AUTHX_FIELD_GET_INFO will return amongst others the language dependent field_text.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Creating a role with all objects based on the SAP_ALL template will allow you to export the structure & it's a trivial task to pull the field names & associated texts from there.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes, most likely search and replace is easier. I was pointing out that in the default system, a regenerated SAP_ALL does not contain all field_names (and hence does not directly have exactly all authorization field_texts) for the system.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

ah, I see - apologies I misread your post! Not a good start for a monday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually used a report from SUIM to so all the contents of SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW, extracted the contents of both to Excel.

Tidied up the results somewhat and then did a vlookup agaisnt the other spreadsheet and the field values.

It got the vast majority and the rest more specific authorisation field texts were picked off using SU21.