cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto PO through Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am MM Consultant, we could able to generate an auto PR through Sales Order,,, my client wants to generate an auto PO through Sales Order without PR intervention. is it possible? if so how to do it,,

want to know the settings to be done in SD for Auto PO generation w.r.t. Sales Order, plz guide me

regards,

urendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Urendra,

you can generate the purchase order directly from the sales order (ALE third-party process). Please indicate in the Customizing of item categories (transaction VOV7) the flag "Create PO automatic". You can use, as an example, the standard item category ALES in the standard system (not TAS).

Please read also the FAQ note 550388, question 5 and note 550192, question 5. As additional info, please read the SAP notes 373971, 445451 and 210942. Here some typical problems of ALE third-party process are described in detail.

I hope, this information will help you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akmal,

Thank u for quick reponse and valuable data,,,

I had taken item category ALEN and tried even a PR is being generated, not a PO,,, dont know where i am doing wrong,,, can u help me further,

regards,

urendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the item category group you are using in Material master Basic data 1 tab, as for the TAS to work here you need to specify BANS/BANC for it to automatically trigger and work properly.

rectify this and i guess the senario should work fine

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Urendra,

the comment above is correct. Please check this first. I hope, it will help.

If not, please try to use ALES instead of ALEN and check, if it will work for ALES case. If it will not help, then may be one of the following SAP notes will help you more to understand the reason for the problem: 736526, 630141, 487220, 519974, 842368. These notes describe some typical problems during creation of the purchase order in the ALE third-party process. May be, they will help.

I am sorry, it is really complicated to say what could be the reason for your problem without to see your system. But please try with the recommendations above first. May be they will help.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Urendra.,

Check in itemcategory in T.code in VOV7 and item category TAS, go to AUTOMATIC PO in transactional data.

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

the following are the steps i followed:

1. Created my own Sales doc type = ZCHK and assigned numbe range to it

2. Item Category TAS has been selected, Item Category Group TAS1 has been created.

3. for material type HAWA- assigned Item Category Group TAS1

4. Created a material master S1 with Gent item category - TAS

5. Created a Purchase info record for material S1, Vendor 400055, Pur Org -EPD, net price = 100

6. In Assign Item Categories

Sales Doc type-Item Cat Gr-Usage--Hl item cat--Def it cat- Manual It cat

ZCHK----

TAS1 -

--- -

TAS -

ZSTK

7. Created SO using t_code VA01, SO 4000804 created, and I noticed that a Purchase Requisition was generated,,where as I require to generate a Purchase Order directly without intervention of Purchase Requisition.

(Usage--- i have not selected & assigned any usage,,, will it make any difference),

plz help me out,,, its urgent,

regards,

urendra

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is possible by configuring your material master in such a way that the relevant item category is TAS. This item category has the create PO automatically button ticked on. Hence a PO will be created automatically when an order is created for a material whose item category in the order document becomes TAS.

Reward point if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Automatics PO generation is possible by configuring item category in VOV7.

Create purchase order automatically

If you activate this field, the system automatically generates both a purchase order requisition for third-party schedule lines as well as a purchase order in the background when you save the sales order. This function has been designed for Application Link Enabling (ALE) but you can also use it when working with distributed systems.

To avoid errors caused by incorrect system settings, we recommend that you carry out the consistency checks for your third-party material. If you assign tasks 8097 (create)and 8114 (change) (by choosing "Extras -> Employee assignment -> Maintain"), you will receive workflow objects in your inbox, should any errors occur.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create automatic PO by activating PO AUTOMATIC field in the itemcategory contorls.