Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handelling File-XI-RFC Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am making a scenario File to XI to RFC,

File - XI - R/3 System

If the record is already available at R/3 System, how I can check that the same is available at R/3 and how I can stop saving the same?

I will write a code in our RFC Function Module at R/3 or XI will handle the same ?

& how ?

Where I will create the Error ?

Regards,

Study Sap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>If the record is already available at R/3 System, how I can check that the same is available at R/3 and how I can stop saving the same?

The logic for saving the record should be with in RFC at R/3.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

write the logic in rfc to stop processign already avaiable record in r3. xi will not handle this on its own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

If it will stop at R/3 side, at XI in sxmb_moni it will show a successful message or error message ?

Regards,

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in sxmb_moni of r3 part u can see the success message. if u want to make it as error message then u may need to raise an exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it will stop at R/3 side, at XI in sxmb_moni it will show a successful message or error message ?

If the message clears the XI pipeline , you wont seen an error in sxmb_moni but that doesnt mean your IDOC was received at the r/3 side

as suggested by prateek, you can check sxmb_moni at the r/3 side to know the status

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is the main problem, i do not have idea for exception handelling at XI, can you give me study material or screen shot on exception handelling in XI Scenario.

Regards,

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have seen couple of blogs for raising exception from proxy client and server. let me try to get it for u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prabhu, please send the same Blogs,

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

had this in my history