cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of images

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody suggest how could we stop duplication of images in image table.

When i am importing the images using Image Manager or by data manager the same image (With the same name) it is getting duplicated in the repository. I tried to edit the image table from Console to make it unique but the image table is not at all editale.

Please suggest!

Thanks,

Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

Are so saying that doing a single import of an image is actually duplicating it in the Image table? Or, just that it is allowing you to import the same image more than once? I don't think there is anything that will stop you from importing the same image over and over again. When an image is imported it is given a sequential "image id" within MDM that it uses as a reference, so it will allow you to load in multiple images of the same image name, it just assigns them different "image id's" which it uses internally. The only way I can suggest off the top of my head is that you have to manually track what has already been loaded.

If you happen to end up with two identical images that have both been linked to different objects you have the option to "merge" them together in the Image table which will maintain all the links.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply. But merging of images in Data manger will be the manual thing and somebody has to be assigned for this job forever. We want some automated way to do this because it is unncessary increasing the size of the table creating confusions too.

Can you please suggest anything else!

Regards,

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't know of anything from the MDM side that will correct your problem. You may want to submit an enhancement request to SAP for functionality to only allow one image of the same name in the Image table, similar to a Windows folder. For now my only suggestion would be to define a process for loading images that helps to mitigate the same image being loaded more than once. Again, a manual process. This is all I can suggest for now. Maybe someone else out there has another way to handle this.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Tim.

I have raised an OSS with SAP too.

Tony

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony

As mentioned before, the required functionlity is not available.

Create a feature request for this case.

Regards,

Go:khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

You can try <b>MDM JAVA API</b> for avoiding duplicate images.

You can compare the image to be added with the already existing images using the JAVA code and then depending on the result u can add the image to the images table.

I have not tried this but hope this gives you a direction to think.

Regards,

<b>Rashmi</b>