cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I got a functional exp of 4.6 years in sales 7 marketing and 2 years of exp as sap end user and core team member? Now once during Hr rounds, interviewer asked me why you want to come to SAP only and not to other ERP packages?

Kindly guide me with the answer

regards,

vishal

vishal27580@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap best erp b'z sap having best integration with other modules like sd-.fi->mm->pp->hr>pm->wm etc

no other erp having this adavantage

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!! Vishal,

Great....You have Experience in Sales And Marketing + you have experience as End user... Well u can justify yourself....That u have worked as enduser and u have experience what all issues raises at enduser side...You have the knowledge of SAP business Sceniro and u can understand the SAP easily...

Regards

AKASH

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is common interview question & the deplomatic answer is SAP is the leading ERP, hence would like to be a part of premium ERP, compared to others.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

This can be a very easy question, but can be equally difficult if you are not sure about the advantages of SAP over other ERP applications. There are certain inherent advantages of using SAP in ERP space.

1. Vast array of modules, with huge spectrum of functionalities which ARE NOT PROVIDED by other ERP applications.

2. Specific functionalities which are core competencies of SAP while they are not available in other ERP applications, makes it an obvious choice for some specific industries. Eg. Variant configuration and Automobile industry.

3.SAP knowing the demand for special processes for each industry has come up with industry specific solutions which are unheard of from other applications.

4. Not only on the functinoality side, but also on the system architecture and landscape SAP is innovating day by day from R2 to R3 to ECC to SOA, to adopt to the business needs, thus adding immense value to the customers.

5. SAP also gets complimented by most upiquitous office applications of MS namely MSWord.

6. Also SAP's market share gives some certainty of business and hence it is much better than any other smaller ERP applications in terms of career prospects.

Owing to all these advantages which are not prevalent in other ERP applications, SAP will obviously become the hot choice for every client who is willing to have a robust and efficient system.

Message was edited by:

iimnava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

One reason that you can tell them is that SAP is ruling the ERP Market with more than 70% of share. One would obviously choose the best.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is also a ERP but apart from differnet ERP'S SAP ERP is more flexible and will give solutions to different applications like logistics,human resources,and Financilas apart from these areas SAP also provide solutions for CRM applications,Business Intelligence,Supply Chain Management,Strategic Enterprise Management Solutions because of that reason most of the company's prefer SAP to get solutions for their Applications so groth opportunities are good in sap comparitive to other ERP

Regards

Karthik.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

But still question is there

why you want to come to SAP only and not to other ERP packages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i mean to say why you want to change you field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal.,

If he asks why you want to change the filed means,you can say something like it is my dream to work as SAP consultant,I enjoy working on SAP and as th future for SAP is bright i want to be a part of SAP

Thanks & Regards

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

It is simple man despite Other ERPs by other vendors also having many of the features what SAP is having.

Can you give answer to this question, Why are you going for an interview in SAP?

If you can answer this that is the answer you are looking for.

Bcoz you are having gud product(SAP) knowledge as a core team member, functional experience in SAP , that can be utilised by industry people.

Hope u got the answer.

Regards,

S.P.Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal.,

You can say that there are number of ERP packages which are not strong in all modules,But SAP is equally strong in all modules,and the major market share among all the ERP packages is captured by SAP because of this reason.

REWARD if helpfull

Thanks & Regards

Narayana