cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAREHOUSE STOCK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's

What is warehouse stock and I read that during the availability system checks at warehousestock is that true. if it is true then how system checks at plant level. I am confused plz clarify me

Thanks in advance

Mastan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is true during availability check system checks warehouse if you are doing business process using warehouse management

the ware house is assigned to plant

Please reward points if answer is helpful

Regards,

Murali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

Warehouse concept is most widely used one in now a days business process.

Warehouse is nothing but you are going to mention exact place from where the material is picked in a plant / storage location.

For example, treat one big room as a storage location, and you are going to make that room into many partitions like A, B, C..., to locate exaclty from where you want to pick the quantity.

In SAP, if you have warehouse mantainance then you cant pick the quanitity manually. You have to picking based on warehouse ( using T.Code LT03)

And system checks the availability check based on warehouse. If you have warehouse to the concerend plant then the system checks that perticuler warehouse in that plant. And It will also show the quanity as warehouse wise in that plant (PL CHECK USING MMBE)

the Path for assigning warehouse is

SPRO -> Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Log. Exec -> Assign warehouse to Plant/ Storage Location.

You have to assign warehouse to the plant and storage location here.

Hope this is clear,

REWARD IF HELPFUL.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warehouse is assigned to a combination of plant and storage location. So if the system is doing availability check for the warehouse stock that means it is actually checking the stock within the plant.

Any doubts please mail.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks ayub and murali for clarifying my question in quick time.

Regards

Mastan