cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fle Adapter connection to SFTP server ove SSH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have requirement to connect to the file server (using ftp over SSH) using XI. After reading the SAP document I realized that standard file adapter does not support SSH connectivity. Hence, I decided with the approach of writing java code and processing the file.

My question here is, can I write the code (connectivity to FTP over SSH server and reading a file) as a adapter module and plug into the file adapter. Is it possible and if possible what are the pro's and con's.

Regards

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The basic use of an adapter module is to enhance some business functionality to an existing adapter. in ur case, the business functionality is not getting enhanced. Rather u want to change the ingerent feature of an adapter.

<i>My question here is, can I write the code (connectivity to FTP over SSH server and reading a file) as a adapter module and plug into the file adapter.</i>

In my opinion, it would be really difficult to write one.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also check SEEBURGERs SFTP Adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

If you are only changing the message that is send via an existing adapter, you can use an adapter module.

If you need to change the way the message is send (different protocol), you have to create a new adapter.

Kind regards

Joris

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I'd suggest writing a new adapter and not an adapter module

Regards,

michal