Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

May I know

1)what is the purpose of transport host ?

2)If i am using 3 system landscape, which server are normally chosen to be the transport host ?

3)We release request in dev -> QA -> production. What kind of effect will the transport host has if I will to chose the transport host to be either one of the system ?

Regards

Lauran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the purpose of transport host ?

It is better to say Transport domain controller.

If i am using 3 system landscape, which server are normally chosen to be the transport host ?

Please consider Dev.. system as a transport domain controller.

We release request in dev -> QA -> production. What kind of effect will the transport host has if I will to chose the transport host to be either one of the system

If you release transport request, It will generate co-files and datafiles ...

then it will go into the quality import buffer, once you imported into quality it will go to production import buffer .

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lauran,

Transport host can be defined in two concepts:

1. If you have a central trans directory, which means that this directory will be shared by all the Systems DEV, QUA and PRD then the hots(system) which has this trans directory is called Central Transport Host (SAPTRANSHOST).

2. If you have different trans directory for each of the systems then the host (system) is the Transport host for their respective systems.

Option 1 is mostly used in most scenerios.

Hope this makes you clear!

Reward points if useful!

Cheers,

Bidwan