cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output different if Device Type changed from SWIN to HPLJ4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a few problems here for my SAP smartform. Hope someone out there can help.

1/ I am using font: Helvetica for my smartform. I realized that the output (on Print Preview as well as the actual Print output) shows a different font if I chose Device Type: HPLJ4. If I choose my actual printer HP4250 as the Device Type, the font is the same as that shown for SWIN as Device Type, but the spacing is a bit different. Is there any way I can make sure that the font type, spacing will not differ for a different Device Type?

2/ The reason why I am not printing using SWIN as Device Type (which will ensure consistent output even if printer is changed) is becoz I need to use the PCL5 print control commands to rotate a certain section of text in my smartforms- which is only possible on HP PCL5 printers. Is there any way I could rotate text in smartforms without print commands and yet I can still use SWIN as Device Type? (pls do not suggest creating a bitmap picture for the text).

<b>In short,</b> I need to know how can I ensure consistent output (same margin, same font, same font spacing) even if a different printer is used (any Device Type I can use?) and at the same time, enable me to rotate a certain section of text in my smartform(180 degrees)?

Thanks very much for any help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the first question, generally the output (spacing etc) changes when you change the device type. So you need to adjust the alignment according to your output type.

Thanks,

Nagendra