cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install client frame work on PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have purchased a PDA to develop custom mobile application on it. Could you please tell me what are the procedure's and precautions to follow to install mobile client frame work on new PDA.How can we find suitable version of client frame work. We are using SAP NetWeaver 2004s with SP09.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

Adding to Siva's point. Below Software's should be available to run the mobile applications on PDA :

Active Sync Setup.exe(Used to Connect PDA to PC)

Creme327b_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB(Which acts as JVM in case of mobile 2005)

Creme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB(incase of PPC 2003)

MI client Cab file(Download can be found in Service market)

psshutxp_eng.xscale.cab(Not mandatory, used to soft reset device )

remotedsp.exe (Not mandatory, used to diaplay the PDA screen in the PC).

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva/Lakshmi,

That was very fast reply in fact. My PDA is HP IPAQ series which is having 360MB memory with SD card 1GB memory. Windows 2005 OS.

Please let me know which version of JVM I have to install in this case.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer

Wow thats lots of memory for a PDA. Anyway you have to use Creme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have downloaded that Creme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB.

It is a ZIP file and dont have any executable files.Does it mean that I have to copy

this folder into PDA? or some thing else? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer

Well this is actually not a zip file but might be you have opened it with zip tool. Anyway just copy this cab file onto your PDA and click on the same. The extraction and installation will happen immediately. Once installed you need to restart you PDA.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

That was quickest reply I have ever received in this forum. I will go through procedure and get back to you in case of any issues.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

I have followed all the steps but I am getting an error.My PDA details are as below.

Processor: ARM920T PXA27x

I have installed first CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB

Then MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB.

Then I have added Tomcat add on also.

When I installing the MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB at the end I am gettting message like "The program you have installed may not display properly because it was designed for a previous version of Windows Mobile software".

Then when I tried to login client frame work it is opening on brower side with "file://\MI\os_select.html" with message of "the Page cannot be displayed because the server could not found a DNS error occured". I am confused where did I do mistake.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer Baba

Once you installed MAP70_WinCESetupTomcat_Tomcat.CAB and before executing os_select.html file, have you restarted your PDA. If not kindly restart the device and then execute the os_select.html file. This will then work fine.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

<<,Active Sync Setup.exe(Used to Connect PDA to PC)

Creme327b_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB(Which acts as JVM in case of mobile 2005)

Creme327a_AX_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB(incase of PPC 2003)

MI client Cab file(Download can be found in Service market)

<b>psshutxp_eng.xscale.cab(Not mandatory, used to soft reset device )</b>

remotedsp.exe (Not mandatory, used to diaplay the PDA screen in the PC).>>>

Once all the above files are copied and executed in PDA, you are supposed to restart the device (Softreset) to make the changes happen.

You also need to restart the device if any application is assigned to the device (this will extarct the application folder).

This is mandatory.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivakumar,

I have restarted the PDA. Still I am getting error of " The page cannot be displayed because the server could not be found or a DNS error occured.

Please through me light.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The DNS error that you see is when you actually open MI using the os_select.html is due to the fact the MI is not completely started when you clicked on the file. Because of the change in architecture in WM 5.0, it takes a longer time for tomcat to start up (MI relies on tomcat server). Hence one concrete solution to this problem is to wait for around 10 - 15 seconds after soft reset of the PDA and then click the os_select.html file. Else after the PDA is reset open the contents of jscpout.txt file and see for and entry "MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE 7.0 SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED" or "Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages". Once you see either of the above statements, run the os_select.html file and this should open MI successfully.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

I am getting following error in the file jscpout.txt "Could not find command file /MIcreme_listOfJars.txt

Your thirty-day evaluation license has expired.

For license information

please contact:

Email:

info@nsicom.com

phone: +972 (9) 763-2320

Copyright © 1999-2009

NSIcom Ltd.

What I have to do in this case.Please do the needful.

Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer

This error comes up since you are not using a SAP certified Creme JVM but instead using a evaluation version that you would have downloaded from NSIcom website. If you have a MI license (which i believe you have), then you can download the SAP certified Creme JVM <b>free of cost</b> from the following <a href="http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289">link</a>. From here download the Creme I had mentioned earlier and this should solve your problem.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivakumar,

I must appreciate you patience and qucik replies. I am very sorry to still I am getting the same error:

Your thirty-day evaluation license has expired.

For license information

please contact:

Email:

info@nsicom.com

phone: +972 (9) 763-2320

Copyright © 1999-2009

NSIcom Ltd.

In spite of the fact that I have mobile license.I have downloaded the file from which you mentioned link by providing all the details.I have downloaded the version of CrEme327b_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB and installed. But still I am getting error when I checked to jscpout.txt file. Could you please through me some light on this?

Best Regards,

Ameer Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is quite strange that you get this error for CrEme327b_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB. For me this seems to be some error in the cab license file. We will report this to NSIcom and see if we can get this rectified. Can I request you to kindly use CrEme327A_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal.CAB

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sivakumar,

Thank you very much for providing such granular details of the client installation. I am very happy to say that successfully installed client frame work on PDA. I have deleted previous files and installed all the new files. Now it is working fine. I must give you trouble in future also as I have just started working on client side.

Lakshmi/Karthick,

You are also helping by giving accurate answers in this community. My special thanks to you.

Best Regards,

Ameer Baba.

0 Kudos

Hey Sivakumar,

Your answer was certainly helpful, i have one query though..

Can you please tell what is the time period of the license we get from the source you mentioned

Thanks!

Best regards,

Robindra Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

i042339
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have worked with this device. We will not find any problem with memory.

Download the cReme form NSIcom.com

Find below the URL

http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159

Use the trial version of CrEme 3.27

Thanks

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer,

Kindly refer the following blog

/people/paresh.mishra2/blog/2005/12/04/configuring-mobile-device-upgrading-to-sp14-mi-25

Though it not exactly what you wanted, but it would be helpful.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameer Baba

First and foremost check the MI PAM available here to check the support for you new PDA. http://service.sap.com/nw-mi

Navigate to MI in Detail -> Product Availability Matrix->Product Availability Matrix -> NW2004s Mobile Infrastructure. Also make sure the PDA has sufficient memory to run the mobile applicaiton. Next Choose appropriate Creme JVM Version as mentioned in note 1051370. If you are using WM 5.0 deivce, install the Tomcat Addon available in note 1009703. Apart from this I dont see any other requirement.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar