cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying existing form to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had developed an SAP Script form (ZTest01) . No since i wanted another form (Ztest02) with almost same format of the form i had developed, i decided to copy it to another form. I had developed in client 200.

For this What i did was Utilities -> Copy from client

It pop up a window and i entered following information

Form -> ZTest01

Client -> 200

Target Form-> ZTest 02

Now instead of copying ZTest01 to Ztest02 thigs that were developed in ZTest01 was lost and the new content of ZTest01(lost one) was copied to Ztest02. Can anyone of you tell me why this happened? Or what was wrong with this approach?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please remember that SAPSCRIPTS are client dependant.

So you might have done changes in someother client and copied from a different client.

Please check that.

<b>Please reward if helps.</b>

Thanks,

Nagendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

I wonder why the things which were developed in ZTest01 were lost...it can only be so if you had not saved the changes, else not possible.

Check it once again by making a small change in ZTest01 and then try to copy after making sure that the form has been saved properly and activated.

Are your changes lost again?

Your approach was absolutely correct.

Form -> ZTest01

Client -> 200

Target Form-> ZTest 02

It should have been this way only.

In case you want some other way to do it, you can use transaction SCC1 .

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Suruchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suruchi,

I didnt try out once again. But i copied to another form using Form-> Save As option. In the previous question i hope you understand that i tried to to copy from Ztest 01 to Ztest 02 which are in client 200 and myself logging in to 200.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,You done this in the Same client, so you should do it in another client, i am if you want the new from in 300 cleint and the exitsted from there in the 200 client, then you need to login to the 300 client then you need to do the Copy from Client .. then it will work ...

Or else, do one thing, use the Standard Program RSTXSCRP to Download the form then use the same Program to upload it to another client

Regards

Sudheer