cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even if no data returned by SQL stament , JDBC Sender Adap , How to ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I have already posted this Thread , but i have got the result .

All are saying When we are configuring the JDBC Sender Adapter, If no data returned by sql query ( eg . <b>select * ffrom Test Where Tag ='Y'</b> ) then furthur process won't happen in XI .

<b> But we need in our scenario , as Even if no data is returned by sql statement also I have to call the RFC to insert the values into RecordInserted Fields as 0 .</b>

Is there any way to do in XI ?

<b>Please help me to solve this problem .</b>

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ranga,

All of us have given you the verdict that this should not / cannot be done in XI. This is easy to perfrom on your R3 system.

In case you want to do this, you need to configure a Receiver JDBC adapter with a BPM to make a synchronous call to the database to collect data etc.Look into this blog,

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

I hope you do appreciate the fact that people on SDN have given you multiple answers/ options to this problem of yours. Please use the existing thread to take your discussion further rather than opening a new thread where everyone would give you the same old answers.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe u can check in module processing. not sure how module would behave in this case. u can write a piece of code that would check if the returned by the sql query and if not call an RFC from the module processor to update '0'.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Unfortunately the module will not be called if there is no data that matches the select query . The message processing is intiated only if there is data.

Regards

Bhavesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yeah i wasnt much sure abt that. but thought to check on the experts opinion...thkx once again

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards

Bhavesh

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

Your sender adapter ,let say polls for every 1 minute so for every 1 minute u have to call RFC to insert the values?

In normal way its not possible , coz it not even crossed the AE.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Why do you want to do that ?

Suppose your JDBC adapter runs every 60 seconds and if no values are found in the table then why do we need to make unnecessary RFC call..

I dont think theres any standard way through which you can do.

Might be you can use a dummy file to trigger the process and then use JDBC Receiver adapter. interface for jdbc receiver adapter will be a synch interface. After you get the response from jdbc you can do the relevant mapping and call the RFC.

Regards,

Sumit

ps : award points if that helped u.