Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include the file name in CV02N-change document in application field

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone tell me what are the settings to be made in Document management system so that i'm able to change the application name(now if its an excel file its showing as excel file,instead of that,is it possible to change and give some name or description against that?)

Suitable points will be rewarded.

Thanks & regards

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikraj,

You can change this is SPRO: Follow this path,

SPRO>Cross-Application Components>Document Management-> General Data><b>Define Workstation Application</b>-->(Select application you want to change i.e. XLS) and click on Detail icon, you get an Workstation Application Screen opend with all details

You can change <u>Description,</u> <u>File Suffix</u> for Application (XLS to XL or X or Anything 3 char) you can even change <u>File Format</u>, MIME type and you can even <u><b>assign an ICON</b></u> of your choice to this application.

Regards

Rehman

<b>Reward Your Points.</b>

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman Khan,

Whatever you explained was good.Thanks

But already I have checked these settings,but still in CV02N,after giving the dosument name,type etc,after it goes into the Change document screen,

under the Originals ,its showing the same Excel picture file and the description is showing as microsoft excel,now i want to change this microsoft excel into say some drawing number.

Plz help me

Thanks & regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikraj,

What i am telling is Create a New Application As "XYZ" or any Number even

and "Suffix" also with your number or XYZ or anything you want then "File Format" also as you can with * XYZ(Anything) ., but let your MIME Type be "application/msexcel" or whichever application you want,

Try this and let me know again Please

Regards

Rehman

Don't forget to reward with Points

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will put my question in simple language.

<b>I want to replace the decription showing as excel into say 2555456DRG.

Now how to do this in CV02N?

Is there any there T code for carrying out this?

Please tell me the procedure for this.</b>I will surely reward the points.

Thanks & Regards

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikraj,

Do you want to change only in CV02N?

i.e. only the description

In Originals area below what you see are:

<b>Appl</b> <b>Application</b> <b>Storage Cat</b> then <b>Lock symbol</b>

If you want to Change in "Application" just select and Right click on it you will see a details click on it and change the description you want ! thats it!

If you want to change in "Appl." the you should follow the procedure what i told you previously.

Try it both you will get any idea.(because i have done both, & its working fine)

Regards

Rehman

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have sent the screen shots to your official mail id.

Plz check it and guide me.

Thansk & regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the original description i.e. costing spreadsheet.xls to be put in the file description field instead of Microsoft Excel, you will have to do this with a user exit. Unfortunately SAP doesn't do it standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikraj,

I got Ur requirement. But Standard SAP at present not supporting the change of file name in DIR(CV02N). If U change at application level, the same number will be available for all DIR documents.

When U will checkin the document to content server system automatically assign it's internal file name to the file.

Rgds,

Sukan

Answers (0)