cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data uploading / downloading process in MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

how is the process of uploading / downloading data is going on....

if for eg : i have issued out the material 010 to production , so my stock level will decreased , i need to update the backend after the day ends.

sync the data back to the backend R/3 meaning uploading data ??

while sync the material master record to the barcode reader meaning downloading data ?

what need to implments in SYNCBO

pls clear my doubt?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

In MI, uploading of data usually refers to the data going in the direction "client device to backend" and download data refers to data the other way (backend data getting downloaded onto the client devices)

The sync BO acts as the data holder for the business data and you need to stuff it with all the information that you would be needing on the client devices (and only those).

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

you give a very good explanation !!!!!!!!

i need to know about the DB issue,hope you can clarify on this

where is the DB resides,

if i implements a smartsync do i need a replication DB in MobileEngine (middleware)

1) take the sample tutorial for generic sync application and smart sync application and try to run , after i click add a record save the data is there as what i save, but my pc doesnt install any DB , ...pls tell me what is going on, how the data is stored

Message was edited by:

yzme yzme

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yzme,

I have already answered for this in the other thread. Thanks for the compliments

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Yzme,

Are you talking about the replica DB in your MIddleware.The replica DB will exist when u install the MI server.The SyncBO of T01 (Timed 2 way)and T51(Server Drive) make use of this Replica DB for storing the data while replicating the data from the R/3 to Middleware periodically.As for syncBO of type T01 data is replicated periodically via a scheduled report from the R/3 to Middleware and in case of T51 syncBO the data is replicated to MIddleware when ever there is change in R/3 records corresponding to specific scenario's.

Thanks

Regards

Devendra