cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N-step BADI approval SRM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing N-step approval badi for SC approval using header level workflow (WS14000133) in SRM 5.0. My requirement is to determine the financial analysts responsible for each line item and then the mangement approvers based on their approval limits. Financial analyst need to approve the SC concurrently before the management approvers receives the SC. I developed the code in the BADI to populate the approval table. First time when the SC is created the approval table looks as follows,

Index Branch Approver

1 1 FA1

1 2 FA2

1 3 FA3

2 1 MGMT approver1

3 1 MGMT approver2

FA1, FA2 and FA3 recieves the SC. The approval preview looks great. Since this is not item level workflow, FA will approve the SC at the header level.

Here is the Issue--

When FA1, FA2 or FA3 approves the SC, the approval index is incremented by 1 in the workflow, the SC is sent to MGMT approvers based on he index by skipping all the FA approvers.

In this scenario, how to develop logic to send the SC to MGMT approvers only after the FA approvers approves it. I mean how to control the index and branching in BADi. I am using header level workflow.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

i am very sorry , but i think this is not possible as far as i know.

Only way here is to send the workitem to FA1 , then to FA2 and then FA3 in the sequence.

general behaviour is when the same work item is with three approvers , when one of them approves , the workitem would be removed from the others inbox.

this behaviour is universal in whole of SRM ,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your requirement?

you want the work item to be send to MNGT when all the approvers namely FA1 , FA2 , FA3 have approved the cart?

please let me know and i will be able to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. FA approvers need to approve the SC parallel and then the MGMT approvers sequentially using the header level workflow.

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You won't like my answer, but this behaviour is not possible with standard workflows.

First WS14000133 does not handle parallel processing with badi.

You could try the template WS14000141 that was at a time handling the branch number in approval table, but it is not officially support. I mean this is obsolete.

This only parallel processing is provided with template WS14000015, but it's at item level: separated item can be sent in parallel, but it's not working well if you try to send the same item in 2 branch.

You cannot send the same object in a parallel process, the reason is that the application layer cannot properly handle this.

Rgds,

Pierre