cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Calll from BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on a file to proxy(SRM) scenario where I need to call an RFC (R/3) from XI to get some data. there are around 15 fields in the source file. I need to give 2 of these fields to the RFC to get 7 fields from R/3 thru the RFC call. Now I need to map these 7 fields + 13 other fields from the source file to the proxy message. Please tell me the best way to achieve this. I am using BPM for this & making an rfc call thru a sync send step.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Till send synch step everything is fine isn't it. Once you get back the response use transformation step. Use Multimapping 2 source one target . So your source message will be File & RFC response and the target message will be your IDOC.

Is it clear ? If not reply back

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fro your quick response Raj,

So there will be two mappings,

1. Source file to RFC input

2.1 source file to Target message

2.2 RFC response to Target message.

& 6 messages:

OA for source file.

AA for source file.

AA for RFC request

AA for RFC response

AA for target message.

IA for target message.

Correct me if I am wrong.

regards.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above mappings is fine. But u need one more Interface, that will be ur Synch Interface for doing RFC call , right.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to avoid BPM here.

You can use a RFC lookup API (search for Michal's article on the same) and pass the equired input paramaeters to the RFC and store the output of the RFC in some global variables. When you want to map these values to the target field, use a UDF which returns the global variables.

Use Java Section to declare the global variables.

Regards,

Jai Shankar