cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg. File FTP using XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we FTP a file(i.e. the file could be a simple text, Excel, or PDF format and etc..) from one location to another location using XI without doing any mappings and other stuff. Just simply I need to send it from one location to another location using XI. Since we will be getting a file in a particular location on a regular interval basis, say for every 30 secs,....but the file could be in any format like text or Excel or PDF etc ...Does it possible to transfer files using XI without having the stuff like declaring Datatypes, Message types and etc?? Since as of my knowledge, we need to know the structure of the Input & Output files to transfer from one location to another location using XI. I have never come across this type of scenario.

I would be very much thankful to you if you could help/advise me on this?

Thanks,

-Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this,

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj!! This would be really helpful for me..Once again thanks a lot..

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

You are most welcome. You can refer this page also if u have time.

http://sapient.xi.googlepages.com/xi-excellentintegration

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

You dont need IR. If he want to use XI just only for FTP purpose then he dont need. Also for filename we can use adapter specific identifiers.

But your way of presentation the link with screenshots is really good.

Keep up the good work.

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

I know this link might not be useful for him. Juz to show him that we can read the JPG's everything I showed him.

Thanks a lot for supporting.

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhamidipati,

Yes you can send PDF, JPEG etc also. You should not have any problem. But in your communicaiton channels you specify file type as binary. Check the steps given in the weblog as given by Raj.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Satish!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhamidipati,

Good to know. I have tested jpeg, pdf and excel. They are working.

Also once if you are satisfied with the responses from sdn you should close your threads.

---Satish