Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI ESS/MSS problem - Total DC's = 0

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on NW2004s SP10 and we are trying to implement NWDI to make some customizations to ESS & MSS. I have followed all the instructions but when I create a project over an ESS DC from my track it has a lot of errors.

In addition when I go to the CBS It shows Total DC's = 0 for the base SCA's - SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, and SAP_JTECHS.

I have tried re-importing them, re-downloading them from service market place and re-importing. I've tried creating whole new tracks from scratch but I always have this same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member335005
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

I have faced the same problem earlier.

The status after the import for these base SCA shows: Import finished but no. of DCs remains 0. On checking the logs you will see the message: Import not required or something similar.

To solve this problem, in the develeopment tab of the CMS WebUI, click on history.

Select the timeframe when you had tried the import earlier. Select the SCA's you mentioned, and click the button with + symbol and tooltip: "Add selected components to import queue" on the top right corner of the history table.

Now try importing again.

This worked for me. I hope it works for you too.

Best regards,

Sangeeta

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

The imports did not fail. I have done it several times.

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

there's something wrong. If the imports would have succeeded you should see a non-zero number of DCs in SAP-BUILDT, etc.

Do you see queued processes in CBS? If even setting up new tracks didn't to the trick: Did you set the "idleMode" flag in the CBS service properties to false?

Regards,

Marc

former_member196418
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

What is the idleMode flag do and where do you set it?

Thanks,

Bert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

sorry, it's idleStart, not idleMode. You set it in the CBS Service properties using Visual Admin, usually as part of the post-installation process.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/31/9959400d9d1059e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

This indicates that the SCAs SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, and SAP_JTECHS have not been imported.

Did the import succeed???(i doubt it did.) If you find out that the import infact did fails, please look up the logs to see what the error is.

There are two steps involved in the CMS webUI

1. Check in the SCAs from the CMS inbox folder onto the development tab

2. Import the SCA into the development system.

Please make sure that you performed the above steps.

thanks,

vineeth