cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAINT : IMPORT_PROPER, TP_FAILURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got this error in SAINT when try to import a package. Searched sap notes but there's no note related to Return Code 0012 as seen in the error message, anyone got ideas?

<i><b>The installation was stopped, since an error occurred during the phase

IMPORT_PROPER, which the Add-On Installation Tool is unable to resolve

without your input.

After you have corrected the cause of the error, continue with the

import by choosing Continue in the queue display.

The following details help you to analyze the problem:

- Error in phase: IMPORT_PROPER

- Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code: 0012

- Error message: OCS Package SAPK-30BG2INIRM , tp step "D", return

code 0012</b></i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again perform the import queue step.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this parameter

IV_TOOL=SPAM

IV_FORCE=X

if you have an OCS locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the reasons for the failure of tp during the IMPORT_PROPER phase of SAINT is "corruption or deletion" of the transport files eg data files in /usr/sap/trans/data .This returns a status code 12.

The transport log will show more details including if this is the error.

If this is the error then using SAINT you can reimport the files from the file in EPS/in.

In SAINT -> Utilities -> disassemble OCS package. enter SAPKIT* to recreate in /usr/sap/trans/data. Then if this was the reason SAINT can run again without errors. There is also also a utilities option for similar in SPAM. There is actually reasonable help on the transaction for the options in SAINT which aren't self explanatory just by being on the menu/until you run them once.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you arent able to reset the queue , try doing this:

To reset the Queue status in IMPORT_PROPER:

" Execute SPAM_RESET_STATUS in se37, with IV_FORCE=X.

" Go to se16, PAT10, delete the SPAM entry, and execute the function module again.

SPAM is reset.

" Go to SPAM and reset the queue, click on display/define, delete the package.

Confirm if it works!!

Regards,

Abhay

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Layne,

Please check the detailed import logs for actual error....

SLOGxx. ALOGxx and the package specific logs under /usr/sap/trans/log directory....There you may find more detailed error message...

You can display via tcode: SAINT and then menupath: GoTo -> Import logs -> Single package log (for your package specific) and tp system log ...

Cheers !!

Satya.

PS: Pls reward points for helpful answer...Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We realized the root cause of the error. From note 1066218

The packages should be imported in proper order.

SAPK-30BG2INIRM was imported first prior to SAPK-30BG1INIRM.

Which is now a major problem because. We can no longer cancel the import. We want to delete the import queue. But we cant seem to find a way how.

The error says something like. If you continue to re-import it may cause more errors and make the system unusable.

I was thinkin of BRRestore. But would there be any other alternative?

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Layne,

Did you already 'confirmed' your import queue ? If not 'confirmed' yet you should be able to 'un-do'....

What is the status in SPAM now ?

Cheers !!

Satya.

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Layne,

I just remembered something...There was a trick to edit table entries in PAT03 to reset the import status of a particular patch which allows to include it again in the import queue and re-import the patch again.

However, if you can restore your database in old status without any data loss or something ..it's ok.

Cheers !!

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

There is no 'undo' button, and the cancel / back buttons don't work. The status in SAINT is:

You cannot reset the import queue from import phase 'IMPORT_PPROPER'.

Interesting Idea about PAT03. Do you happen to know exactly what i need to do to delete the import queue and re-import?

Message was edited by:

Layne Bourque

Satyabrata_Basu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Layne,

You first need to continue with the current import to get is status 'completed with error ' or so. please note that at that time the system might get almost unusable and you need to re-apply the patch queue immediately. So, then you can look in teh PAT03 table for the current patch queue and rever it's status from 'Imported' to 'Not applied' . Also check and reset 'confirmed' field.

Then you would be able to again select the same patch in SAINT queue correctly.

However, it's a undocumented procedure I did it once in the past together with SAP Support guys.

Perhaps, best open a ticket at OSS so that you have support available....

Cheers !!

Satya.