cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group UI Element in Popup Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a linktoaction UI element, which is a company name. This will be changed according to selection in table. When I click on the company name, there should be a popin menu in the same window like context, this will display the company address, and other details.

I am trying the Pop up Menu, but how can I have runtime data in it in Text Views?. The Designer here doesnt like Pop-Ups, he wants something like Pop-In Box in the same window. How can I achieve this?. Is it possible in 2004s?.

Thanks,

Sunita.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain again your use case. Do you want something like a detail view that appears inside a given view when a link is clicked?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

On the right hand side of the view, there will be a table. In the table when the user clicks on any row, he will see the details of that row on left hand side, this will have a header as company name. This is an Link to Action UI element. When the user clicks on this Company Name, he should be able to see details about that company, same like Pop-Up menu, not a pop-up window.

I know working with Pop-Up window. To make the things clear, Please click on the following link, and point over your mouse to MER or JPM symbol. we are also trying to achieve similar kind of functionality to display company details.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/merrill-auctions-off-assets-troubled/story.aspx?guid=AC457F42-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I see. Such kinds of temporary popups are not possible with Web Dynpro. But you can try this:

Reserve some part of the window for this detail view and put a ViewContainerUIElement there. Embed the "Details" view into this placeholder. When the LinkToAction is clicked (or already when the table row is selected), navigate to the "Details" view. How the data for the details are provided, depends on your application, I cannot comment on this.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Armin,

Thanks for the Reply. If I understood correctly, we should use the Visibility to show this details view. Is this correct?. So the company details will be displayed some where in the view, when the user clicks on the company link.

I checked the documentation of ViewContainerUIelement, but this wont serve what we wish.

Thanks,

sunita.

Message was edited by:

sunita

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are different possibilities. You can use a container inside the same view that is shown/hidden if needed, or you can use a separate view that is navigated to.

What is the problem with ViewContainerUIElement?

Armin

Answers (0)