cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI for Java 7.00 rev 4 - bug in ABAP download

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to download ABAP source code or when I use "Edit Locally" in SE38 (the easiest way how to write/edit programs with a comfortable editor), ABAP source is downloaded to my computer with trailing 0x00 bytes. It has small side-effect in Local Editing: new code with this block is uploaded into SAP and syntax check of such program fails.

Using 7.00 rev 3 works fine.

Has anybody idea how to eliminate this bug?

Wishlist, but to another forum: It will be really nice to assign hot-key to this menu item in SE38.

Thank you,

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This is a bug in SAP GUI for Java 7.00 rev 4 and we will fix this in the next revision.

Regarding the hot-key for the "Edit Locally" menu item, I suggest to give this feedback officially using <a href="http://service.sap.com/message">message wizard</a> on component BC-DWB-TOO.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin,

thank you for your answer. I've found that dotted minor revisions are released. How can I found information about rev 4.1 - if it will be releaded? This forum informs me about rev 3 and then rev 4 without announce of 3.1 etc.

Pavel

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Pavel,

dotted minor revisions usually are not available at service market place and go only to customers having officially reported a critical issue. So there is no announcement on SDN.

In case you can't wait for rev 5 and need the fix asap, please

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Rolf-Martin,

thank you for fast solution, rev.4.1 works fine.

Pavel

Answers (0)