cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS hangs on DTR activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an ESS-MSS track. Now when i try to create a new Webdynpro component it asks for an activity, and on adding the component into the activity the NWDS hangs, even if we wait for hours. It waits for a response from DTR. When I try to add a single component (eg: creating Public part etc) to the activity it works fine and doesnt hangs. Is it a problem of DTR server? How can I overcome that. NWDS is working on 1 GB RAM system.

The EP, WAS, Oracle and DI are on the same server with 4 GB RAM. (2004s)

Regards,

Piyush.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you create activity . watch for resources(cpu,memory etc )on NWDI System . also make sure you have enough space in workspace folder in your local desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio requires approximately 500MB disk space, 512MB RAM.

Depends on what other processes are running on your system and how much memory those processes consume. Have you tried killing unwanted processes.

Still, hanging for hours is something strange. Cannot make any conclusions with the details you have provided.

Can you please provide more details: how exactly you are going about doing the checkin, activation process. Your setup details etc.

Also, have you ever had a successful checkin before?

regards,

Sandeep