cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connection R/3 system (ECC 6.0) to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on an XI system, I have connected several R/3 systems (4.6) via tRFC (standard). Now I am trying to connect just another R/3 system, it's an ECC 6.0 system. I execute the same steps as for the other R/3 systems before. Connection test reports OK.

When I now try to send an IDoc to the XI, I get the following error message on R/3 side in SM58:

"No service for system SAP___ CLIENT 100 in Integration Directory" (translated to english).

Any idea what causes this problem?

As I am not very experienced in R/3 --> XI connections, I would appreciate any help.

CHRIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these:

1) Test the SM59 connection from R/3. Hope you have created the RFC connection of type 3 i.e ABAP Connections

2) Check out the SLD - For Technical System and Business system

3) Check out transaction SLDCHECK in ECC

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answers.

Well, as I said, I did exactly all the same steps which I did for connecting some other R/3 systems before. In SLD: The technical systems exists, the business system was created, the business system was assigned in Integration Directory, tRFCs and ports have been created... Connection test is successful...

All configured R/3 system were connected successfully, but not the ECC 6.0 system. I am wondering if anything has to be considered when connecting / configuring an ECC 6.0 system...?

CHRIS

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to recheck: in SLD >Business system>Related Integration Server.. does it points to correct PI box?

What about Logical System ? is it same as Technical system name ? Observe the client mentioned in the SLD as well as RFC destination.

This may be useful to analyse: but it is for runtime errors:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Rgds,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christoph,

Go through all these steps are done are not for sending idocs to XI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Log on to SLD and check whether that particular R/3 system is added to SLD or not ...Check under technical systems --> web As ABAP... and then as sridhar said also check the business system,

Regards,

Ravi

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Check once whether the Business System for ECC6.0 has been defined in SLD and has been imported and used in Integration directory...

Thanks and Regards,

sridhar reddy