cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove unnecessary SD orders in SCM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To remove unnecessary Sales Orders regularly in SCM system I found out a program "/SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL ". But I am unable to figure out the parameters to be used once I execute this program. Can someone please let me know, if there is a document which explains the fields in the tab of the program /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL :

1. Delete on database

2. Delete in SAP livecache and in Database

3. Delete All DB Sales order data

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This is the Program Documentation available in system

Short text

ATP: Delete (SD) Orders From Database

Purpose

You use this report to delete the SD sales document data from the database. Normally, the order data remains in the database (it is not deleted as in liveCache).

In order to limit the data volume, you should schedule the report to delete the orders, if necessary, and it should be dependent on the lifetime of your orders.

Example

For example, a sales order is completed in six weeks. Such a sales order would be archived in SAP R/3 but such an archiving concept does not exist in SAP APO. You use this report to remove the sales order from the database.

Integration

A location product or a location can only be deleted if SD sales documents for this location product no longer exist in the database (that is, if, for example, no more entries exist in the tables /SAPAPO/ORDADM_I or /SAPAPO/ORDPART).

Features

A check is normally carried out before an order is deleted to see if this order still exists in liveCache. If this is the case, the order is not deleted.

You can also print out a list of the orders that cannot be deleted if you have set the relevant indicator.

In exceptional cases, you can deactivate this check and nevertheless still delete the selected orders.

If you have set the Delete all orders indicator, the order data from the database is completely deleted without any check. You should take great care when using this function.

Note

If you have deleted orders that are still being used for business purposes, you must start a new initial data supply or, if you know the orders, you must perform a further ATP check to transfer the data from SAP R/3 to SAP APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check OSS note : 657214 /sapapo/sdorder_del: Documentation and usability

Note 553476 - Composite note: Report /sapapo/sdorder_del

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

basically SD order data is stored in livecache as well as database tables. there are other tables that link the tables to the livecache as well. So depending on the situation you should be deleting both or just one.

and this note says a lot more

894294 - /sapapo/sdorder_del: Performance and advice (as of SCM 4.0)