cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coloring Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to color the paricular column in iGrid display. But when i use color context in iGrid it asks for values and color is applied to only values below that set value in particular column. instead of it i want to color the whole column. How to do this?.

- senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Senthil,

Ryan may be a little javascript happy, although he did learn from the best

If you make the iGrid a Scoreboard mode you can map the selected column name into the Color Contexting tab and use the * (asterisk) character in String match mode to color all cell values the same color, irregardless of cell value. If you want the background color changed instead of the text then just enable the Dynamic background setting on the General tab of the editor.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

It is working fine as u said , can i give different colors for different columns using the same way.

Thanks & Regards,

u.kchaitanya

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, when the iGrid is in Scoreboard mode each column specified in the Color-Contexting rules will paint according to the values specified underneath it. Since you are using string match mode with * characters for a wildcard, to get different colors (since they are assigned at the row level on the configuration page) you just need to put some sort of bogus placeholder string in place where you don't want colors to conflict across columns. Example: consider two columns configured called "Batch" and "Order", where you want Batch to be green and Order to be red.

Add green and red as the colors for the first two rows in the configuration grid, under the Batch column put * and BOGUS in for the two values. For the Order column use BOGUS and *. Like this (as long as the formatting stays OK):

Batch Order

Green * BOGUS

Red BOGUS *

As long as you don't have any 'BOGUS' Batch or Order results then this will allow you to color context each column quite easily.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Its working Thanks a lot

Thanks & Regards,

chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll need to NOT use color contexting for this.

Instead, loop through the rows/columns with javascript and set the colors using the exposed javascript methods.