Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding webservice adding to context of component controller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have imported a webservice model and i am creating a data link between

data model and component controller.why should i link Request Node(i,e Request_CustSessionWSViDocument_CustRetAll) to context of component controller why not response object(Response_CustSessionWSViDocument_CustRetAll).

I want a clear picture regarding Request Node object and Response Object Node.Actually I want to know what resides in Request Node and in Response Node of a webservice model

Thanks & Regards,

saleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhawal_joshi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Madu,

You have to bind both the request and responce object ideally to component controller , if you wish to send the data and receive the responce fo Web Service.

Actually Request Object is a Model class representation in CMI which acts as a container to hold the data which has to be send to Web Service . You could think of it as an executable class . For example there could be a Request Model class

RequestGetEmployeeDetails.

Now as a responce Web Service will send a responce object ( say Employee ) which will be wrapped in responce object . There is always a realation between a request object and responce object .

Thus you have to bind the request object ( basically ) and from its relation you get a responce object , thus there is no need to bind responce object seperately .

i hope it clarifies your doubt

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Always the execution of the model happens on the request object.

modeObject.execute();

And for instantiating and executing the model object you map the context of the model to the component controller.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These classes are simply proxy classes for the web services.

They reprsent request and response to the web service.

For each method in web service there will be some parameter and return type. The request represent the paramaters and response represent the return type for the web service (or simply say method exposed as web service)

Web Dynpro through context allows to you easily map the request,response in form on context nodes. You have to fill the request node.Then execute the web service. The result is stored in response node.

This is good wiki to learn about AWS Model:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/FAQ-Models-AdaptiveWebService

Regards

Ashwani Kr Sharma