cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading special characters as Info Object (Characteristics) values in cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to load some additional special characters (Ã , ‰) as values for one characteristic in my cube. I have already made the Special Characters configuration as ALL_CAPITAL. Still those characters do not appear (the load from CSV file happens successfully, but those characters appear as something else.

I have been told that it will work if the load file is in Unicode UTF-8 code page. How do i load such a file to a cube?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Go to Transaction RSKC (permitted extra characters) There you can define all the special characters that you would be using in the infocubes.

PLS NOTE. Before defing the special characters start with the ESCAPE SIGN and end with the ESCAPE SIGN. and execute or save it.

this should do the needful.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes of course, i have executed RSKC for those special characters. But still when i load the characters to an infocube through a flat file, it doesnt work.

Anyway, i have the problem solved now. The issue is with the file format. Those characters can be loaded to the cube if the file is in Unicode UTF-8 format. I have been able to load it into cube and then generate CVCs also.

Thanks anyway for the tip.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Appreciate if you can explain a bit more as to how you created the Unicode-8 format file and saved as csv file for loading to the Infocube. That would surely help others who have this problem in future.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish i could. I did search a lot about this but could not make much headway. So finally i had to ask one consultant in my client side to send in a Unicode file they had used earlier. I used the same file. Edited it to make the structure to suit my purpose. And then loaded it through the infopackage.

The file looks similar to a normal pipe-delimited file. So all i had to do to load it through a Flat File Info Package was to use the file type as CSV and declare the Separator as |

I am still not aware how they managed to create the Unicode UTF-8 format file. Me too hunting for that answer.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm ... after seeing your original reply I also hunted a bit on <a href="http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&q=excelUTF-8encodingcsv&btnG=GoogleSearch&meta=">Google</a> and came across some tools available to carry out the conversion within Excel (not while saving an Excel file to a csv file).

Thanks,

Somnath