cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a report to feed subsequent planning system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

My scenario is that I am building an interim solution that only calculates net requirements at the demand points for products.

A report has to be generated so that these net requirements can join net requirements from other locations that have not gone live yet, to feed the system currently performing the fulfillment side of the planning.

The format of the report is crucial as it has to match the current standard for net requirements, but remember it is only interim so effort involved is a big factor.

My question is, what are the options for generating this report:

- Direct from LiveCache using a wrapped FM.

- Via APO-BW using export data source from the planning area, then using BW tools to generate the report.

What would you say the pro's/cons are for each method?

Thanks, Mark.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark

Just to add a few more methods to your list

A.

Assuming you dont need this real time, you also have the opton of using directly Business Explorer to match the exact format that you need (is this the BW tools you are talking about)

if you have a BW guy he can create it for you in a juffy

If you want to try it the hard way out use transaction RRMX and give it a go... am sure there is some documentation on it as well in the BI area.

You can manipulate and create the workbook etc from the Exel Front end. It used to freeze and crash a few years back but i assume it is all good.

B.

you can also use a remote cube to do a listcube of the data in the planning area and schedule it to dump it into a file.

Am not sure of how much data manipulation you need to do or if your format is as in the planning books

Answers (0)