cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business system name important for IDoc scenario message routing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have following problem.

I have to setup with our client an IDoc scenario which is a little difficult.

The client sends project IDocs from Client ERP system to his own XI system next to our XI sytem and at last Internal Order IDocs to our ERP system. We use for each environments (DEV, TEST, PROD) a separately SLD, the client a central SLD. In each environments we use the same business name for our XI system "BS_XI". Now the problem. The client aren't able to configure two times the same business name "BS_XI" for routing to our TEST respective Production environment. DEV will not used. I know the B2B scenario should be used in this case but i have no chance to think about this. Manager decision!

So what can be the workaround.

I think about to provide our client a different Business system name "BS_XI_PROD" with different technical system informations for our PROD environment. So for my understanding, the business system name is unimportant in this case, important here the technical informations which you are able to see in "Display Adapter-Specific Identifiers". Technical system, Port and RFC configuration.

The namings convention for Business system is unimportant in this case, yes?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>The client aren't able to configure two times the same business name "BS_XI" for routing to our TEST respective</i>

Can you explain further as to why this is not ppssible?

Asnwering your question ~ Yes, the Business System name can be anything and it is the Logical System Name in the Adapter Specific Identifiers of your Business System that actually matters.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

this is ths answer on my problem!

"Yes, the Business System name can be anything and it is the Logical System Name in the Adapter Specific Identifiers of your Business System that actually matters".

Many thanks for support (all)!

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jochen,

Can you please clarify a bit? Is it a problem between customer's XI system and your XI system?

I think you can use Parties here. In the Party you can define some additional identifiers, with which you can differentiate the incoming IDocs.

(e.g.: in the identifiers tab, Agency=BS_XI, Scheme=ALE#KU (defined in the customer's partner profile), Name=a defined name in the IDoc control record)

So with this you will have a "Business System+Party" as an identifier, where you can use several parties with the same business system.

I hope it helps!

Regards,

Andras